Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

is it rude

Polvo de ajo

Feb 19, 2006, 6:55 PM
to tell a customer "stop leaning over my counter to look at the computer screen that is facing ME for a reason, it will not make your credit check go any faster"?

and don't you hate when customers do that? I personally can't stand it, and I find myself wanting to help them less and less every time they do lean over the counter, twist their little necks around, and look at the information I'm putting into the computer.
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 2:43 PM
Makes me think they are worried - like the information they just gave me isn't theirs....Generally means I call in and have them double check for fraud....
phatbasstard

Feb 20, 2006, 3:07 PM
what bothers me more for some reason is when they grab the phone box off my desk the second i put it down and start opening it before i enter it 😕
Phydeaux

Feb 20, 2006, 3:12 PM
Asking me what I make.

That's rude.
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 7:11 PM
No kidding.

I have had several customers ask me, after they paid their moneys and are getting ready to leave, how much I made off their sale.

Usually, they seem upset when I simply say, "Enough."

I should just tell them, "Well, I could tell you, but then you'd have to work here...."
KrazyJoe

Feb 20, 2006, 3:24 PM
I have a 2 tier counter in my store. I keep the monitor under the top tier so they can't even see it and I always place the box down here as well. If I want them to touch it, I put it where they can reach it.

I had somebody reach for the phone once, I grabbed it before he could and pretended to not even notice he was reaching for it.
Mid_Isle

Feb 20, 2006, 3:26 PM
"What do you have in that secret file?? I have a right to see it!" 🤣
cingcing

Feb 20, 2006, 3:37 PM
I can't stand that! There was a T-Mo stand by my old store that had these polerized covers over the screen so you could only see it from straight in front of it. I've been hounding my manager for months to get these, but he hasn't ordered them.
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 7:13 PM
Simple Solution, costs nothing (except maybe lawsuits 😁 ):

If they look at the monitor, gouge their eyes out.

I guarantee, they won't look again! 😈
screenamesuck

Feb 20, 2006, 3:43 PM
Yeah I hate it when people do that, it's like they don't believe you are typing anything in and just giving them info off the top of your head.
Nikoletta

Feb 20, 2006, 3:58 PM
No, it's not, I'd do it. "Sir/Ma'am, I need you to stay on your side of the counter. The computer system contains confidential information and I am afraid you are not allowed to view everything on my screen. Thank you."
rockmama

Feb 20, 2006, 3:58 PM
Two words: Proprietary Information. Makes it sound all scary and stuff, undertones of "legalities" with a side of "lawsuit." Just tell them they can't look because the systems are all secret and stuff and only employees are supposed to have access. It IS annoying though.
Vox Dei

Feb 20, 2006, 5:11 PM
I was watching the guys screen last time i did an upgrade...Of course the guy was a buddy of mine and knew i had access to more information about my account than he did. I just wanted to see how it looked for them compaired to our system.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.