Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Lilttle Children/ corporal punishment.

silentscream

Feb 18, 2006, 6:19 PM
Ok, so if private schools can punish children with a quick smack to the ass, why can't a private company do the same?

I had these little demon-spawns in my store today, running around everywhere, and the parents hardly said a word. Very empty threats. I need to post a sign saying that if the parents do not discipline their children, I reserve all rights to pull them onto the counter and beat them with whatever belt I might be wearing that day.

Also, I've noticed that if I don't like the customer, I'll hate the children. If the customer is cool, the kids are cool. I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence, but typically, I hate kids in my store.
Willwise

Feb 18, 2006, 6:41 PM
I agree I've even had kids run behind my counter and the parents don't even flinch.
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 18, 2006, 6:42 PM
A few days ago, I had a child that placed his mouth and actually sucked on our Crystal water cooler here - like a calf on a teet, just pouring water out into his mouth. The mother was just lah-di-dah in her own little world.
motosux

Feb 18, 2006, 7:00 PM
if I understand correct, your phone isn't actually broke yet, you are just worried that it might break.

i'd try the warranty first if you are still within the 1st year; why risk the deductable?

If you are after the year, then I'd do the first option and smash the hell out of it....oops!
Sholyhit

Feb 18, 2006, 7:16 PM
Ok first... moto... I don't think you understand the topic discussed here... perhaps your comment was meant for another thread? Second...

So today I had a couple who was in here because they suspended their phone due to theft. They still have 2 other lines. When they paid their bill at another store, the rep there turned on all 3 phones, and the person who had the other phone racked up $213 in overage. THe whole time, the account holder was under the impression his line was suspended. The whole time he was in the store, his kid was throwing the worst tantrun I have seen. The kid ran over to the wall screaming and pulled off some accessories and threw them on the floor. The guy just stood there. Then his kid ran over to the desk and start...
(continues)
motosux

Feb 18, 2006, 7:27 PM
yeah, you're right...wrong thread. my bad
motosux

Feb 18, 2006, 7:35 PM
what I meant to say in this thread....

the store I work in once had a customer in with her little brat. After wandering around the store for a while, he must have gotten bored because he decided that he was going to just start spitting at one of our light boxes in the store. I'm not sure what his intention was, other than to be a little b*st*rd, but he succeeded if that was his intention.

Anways, my coworker was with the mother and he was noticing this out of the corner of his eye. It turns out the woman was "only looking" today, but before she left, he walked over, grabbed the windex and a wad of papertowels and told the woman "Before you go anywhere, you will be cleaning up your sons spit mess because I'm not going anywhere near i...
(continues)
Cunning_Linguist

Feb 18, 2006, 8:14 PM
Yeah, I had some dingy broad come into the store and completely ignore her children as they proceeded to mess up my entire phone display and get their grubby little pecker stretchers all over my newly cleaned mirror pedastals.
So, I scolded the kids for her, then asked her to have her friend watch them or make them sit down until we were done with paperwork...
she was shocked and apalled, but she complied,...quietly.
😡
Phydeaux

Feb 19, 2006, 2:18 AM
You know what solved the problem in my store? A sign:

"Unattended children will be given two cans of Jolt and a free puppy."

Never had another problem again.
Vox Dei

Feb 19, 2006, 2:03 PM
Read Starship troopers 😁. Read the book not watch the movie. They are very very different.
Whitehorse

Feb 19, 2006, 7:26 PM
Before you & your children can enter, please put on these collars. If you are a dipwad &/or your child is a brat, you will get a "correction" from the collar, directed by me. Please sign this waiver absolving Whitehorse Wireless of any responsibility for injury or soiling of clothing... 😁
rockmama

Feb 20, 2006, 4:41 PM
Here are my favorite little kid in the store stories:

One day we had a lady waiting up front to be helped, and she had a baby with her. I think the baby was about a year old, maybe a little more. At the time we had some chairs set up against the wall, and she was sitting in the chair. So her baby gets sick and throws up a HUGE spot onto the carpet. Only one of the sales reps saw it, cuz everyone else was busy. He starts to walk over to her to ask her to clean it, and she grabs her stuff and books it. Didn't even make the offer to help clean up!

The other one I saw myself. It was slow out and I was stocking accessories on the floor. So all the accessories are all lined up looking neat and shiny. This woman comes in with her lit...
(continues)
KrazyJoe

Feb 20, 2006, 4:54 PM
I had a customer come in with his kid (probably around 7 or so). The customer himself was the kind of guy who just comes in to chat (I hate these people to begin with). His kid immediately begins begging him for a quarter so he can have some M&Ms from the machine.

Then, after he's finished his M&Ms, he takes a walk around the store (very small store, so it didn't take long) and then right behind the counter. I looked at him and said "hey buddy, you can't be back here." The guy just says "the girl who used to work here let him go back there all the time."

Now, I don't know who used to work here, and I don't really care. I'll never meet her, don't care what rules she bent, I won't do the same. I told him "Well, I've been informed by m...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.