Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Can I keep my same number???

ColdWhiteLight

Feb 15, 2006, 3:06 PM
I still don't understand this one exactly. Now if you read my previous post, you will know I am bitter and fed up with my job. This has nothing to do with that and does not make me mad. But heres the scenario. 50% of the time when I upgrade a customer's equipment they ask the question "Can I keep my same number?" What in the world makes them think that they have to get a new number if they are just getting a new phone based on their existing service. I have yet to figure this out. Anyone got any idea's? Did carriers at one time force people to get new numbers? Now I know at my old job people used to get people to cancel their contracts and get new numbers to make a better comission rate. But did some carriers force their customers to get new...
(continues)
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 15, 2006, 3:17 PM
I don't think so but maybe they've heard horror stories of greedy sales reps forcing people (out of contract, that is) to cancel existing service and re-start with a new number giving the rep more commission. *shrugging* That's all I can think of.
ColdWhiteLight

Feb 15, 2006, 3:23 PM
when i worked for sc kiosks our district manager told us that is what we needed to do. we were told that if we would help the company make more money that there were certain perks in it for us, and if we didnt than we would never even be considered for advancement.
yossi296_65

Feb 19, 2006, 9:05 PM
my stepdad fell into that trap of getting new service with a new number so some rep could get a bigger commission.......serves him right for not buying his new phone from me!
Sholyhit

Feb 15, 2006, 3:56 PM
Not only have there been horror stories, but customers come to us generally because they don't know anything about cell phones or how they worked. If people knew how the business worked, they would do all their shopping online and wouldn't come to the store. It's kinda like the guy that was arguing with me earlier. He wanted me to run his credit on a prison ID. I told him it had to be a state issued picture ID. He was like "I got it while I was locked up in the state!" Then I told him it was not a state identification card, it was just a state document. He didn't understand so I just broke it down that I have to have a driver's license number to run credit. Then he understood what I was talking about. The bottom line is... people just don't ...
(continues)
ColdWhiteLight

Feb 15, 2006, 6:44 PM
I'm cool on a legitimate question no problem there. That was one of those questions that I kept asking myself "why in the world do so many people ask these questions??"
djdelay

Feb 16, 2006, 4:35 PM
at what point did you consider telling him "If your only ID is from prison, sir.....you probably aren't going to be approved for anything"?
Scotch

Feb 20, 2006, 2:47 AM
Here's a tip that will make your life easier: just say yes. And worry about stuff that actually matters. Believe it or not, most customers DO NOT know as much about your company's plans, phones, protocol as you do. Lighten up! 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.