Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

It warrented registering ...

nytshad

Jan 31, 2006, 7:55 PM
I'm a CDMA tech. I've been working with hardware repair for a number of years and have just recently (6months) started working in cellular repair.

So imagine my annoyance when some woman who manages a family roofing business tried to tell me that it's IMPOSSIBLE for liquid to "break a phone". Naturally, I attempted to explain to her the unpredictable nature of corrosion growth, shorts on the mainboard, etc. But she would have none of it. Why? Because apparently 2 cell phones in her company miraculously survive submersion. The phone she was in my store about also had liquid damage, but she was contesting the validity of my claim because the phone wasn't working because the flip had been completely ripped off. She was wasting my time...
(continues)
Don.Mike

Jan 31, 2006, 8:16 PM
technician

gamer

and a girl?

i love you.
rockmama

Jan 31, 2006, 8:27 PM
I feel you. . . I had a customer once who was convinced that phones could "sweat" and that's how the liquid got inside his wife's phone. I'm not talking a couple drops, the phone was still SOAKED inside. He printed out a stack of papers from the internet about how if you leave your phone overnight in your car in MONTANA, you might end up with condensation inside. (This is San Diego, people.) Meanwhile, his wife is sitting there looking all shady, like "No, I don't know what happened, it definitely didn't get wet, no. . . " 🙄 She totally knew she got it wet. He screamed at my manager for half an hour then cancelled service. Whatever.
nytshad

Feb 1, 2006, 12:26 AM
What I hate is when the managers give in and let then get a new phone (like our district manager did for a guy who had a sticky LG with the notorius "car kit" and insisted Car Kit was a setting in the phone and that his nephew put it there). I think after the guy insults employees, we should stop making exceptions for him, don't you?
KrazyJoe

Feb 1, 2006, 10:25 AM
I'm a firm believer of that, as I've stated before in here somewhere.

Customers who think they're going to get what they want because they get loud and abusive get nothing and eventually get shown the door.

I'd rather lose a customer that have to deal with one who's going to get loud with me or my co-workers because they think we owe them the world.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.