Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

BOGO

Nikoletta

Jan 25, 2006, 3:59 PM
That's right, it's that darn "Buy One Get One Free" crud again.

This time she wasn't fussing about having to activate two lines, she was pissing and moaning because with the Buy One Get One Free offer you pay for the two up front and get a $250 dollar mail in rebate. She didn't want to pay up front, she wanted the second one free right then.

She screamed at me for a good ten minutes about how it was ridiculous and how Sprint and Cingular don't do that, when it's free you get it right up front. Now I know that if you place an order on most web sites, like amazon.com or letstalk.com you pay up front and do the mail in rebates with them for all their promos but what about other company web sites. If you, as a Sprint rep, are selling a ...
(continues)
sacdude

Jan 25, 2006, 4:44 PM
some customers never get it
johnnybmagic

Jan 26, 2006, 4:35 PM
Usually when we run a BOGO promotion at Cingular the second one is free after rebate.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 26, 2006, 5:15 PM
On our BOGO rebates for Sprint and Nextel because we're a Preferred Dealer we are able to do instant rebates. Normal Indirect stores have to do mail-in.

With our T-mobile phones, we have to do mail-in but the only phone we have in stock that is offering any type of rebate is the Rzr.
CptFarlow

Jan 26, 2006, 5:47 PM
I'm a third-party retailer for Sprint, and we did mail-ins until October 1st. Now we do instant rebates. It makes it a LOT easier, but you do have a good point about it keeping the customer there for a while longer.

I never believed people when they said they didn't get a rebate back...until it happened to me. Samsung never sent me a $90 rebate check saying that I didn't send in the SN from my flat panel monitor. They wanted me to send it again, but I didn't have it...I sent it to them. I should have made a copy...damnit. 😈
Willwise

Jan 26, 2006, 6:34 PM
try this one We offered a phone for 9.99 a while ago while another dealer was selling the same phone for BOGO for 29.99 and we had a customer storm out and visit our competition because we didn't have buy one get one free I'm no math major but hummmm

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.