Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

New story to amuse the masses

djdelay

Jan 21, 2006, 4:39 PM
So here's a strange one for you guys.....

Today, I filed a claim for a guy whose sidekick was damaged in an automobile incident. Here's the kicker: he was hit by a PARKED CAR! That's right. You got it. This guy was hit by a car that was in park.

Apparently it was his friends car and she didn't put the E-Brake on. They got out and were walking in front of the car. They made it like 15 ft. and the car tagged him in the back of the legs. It stopped when it hit him, but it nailed him good enough to knock his ass down and crack the s.hit out of his sidekick.

The same guy also told me that he almost didn't get the insurance. He never dropped his phone before, so when he bought the sidekick, he told the guy he...
(continues)
cabreras23

Jan 21, 2006, 6:18 PM
WTF?? That's nice! They put the emergency brake on after that??
djdelay

Jan 21, 2006, 6:39 PM
yeah....on a much more serious note, the girl's 2 year old was with them and it missed her by like half a foot.
cowboytim

Jan 21, 2006, 6:24 PM
Oops... my affirmative posting may not satisfy the intellectual requirements of "moccasin" or "shoe" or WHOMEVER; he/she/it might be offended! 😈
djdelay

Jan 21, 2006, 6:40 PM
don't worry, I'm sure you won't hear about it for at least a week 🙄
sacdude

Jan 22, 2006, 12:07 AM
this is a great thread, thank you
austintmobileguy

Jan 21, 2006, 7:29 PM
I forgot to put the parking break on once and my car rolled out into a busy intersection and was beamed by a surburban....that was fun. Try explaining that to the police at the scene of an accident.
Whitehorse

Jan 22, 2006, 2:44 PM
Strange story, glad for them it only ended with a busted sidekick! Could have been a lot worse, especially considering the kid.

Insurance is something most people don't like until it's needes; then it's sweeter than honey.

BTW... When filing an insurance claim, there will be a deductible required - @ least here in the real world...
sacdude

Jan 22, 2006, 2:53 PM
great point

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.