Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Here's to another day

austintmobileguy

Jan 18, 2006, 10:38 AM
Heres to another day of working in te exhilirating world of wireless!!! I come to work at 9am, we dont open until 10. I do inventory, stock shelves, look periodically out in the parking lot at the line that grows bigger and bigger with people knocking and banging on the door. Finaly we're ready to open, I get yelled at for about four hours because its my fault that the customers went over their minutes and its my fault that they broke their phones. I do one or two activations then I go to lunch. I come back for four more hours of abuse and then I go home. Ahhh heres to another day of working in wireless!!!!
cabreras23

Jan 18, 2006, 10:42 AM
Fun, huh?
ondisplay

Jan 18, 2006, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't want it any other way.
cabreras23

Jan 18, 2006, 11:47 AM
None of us would. Who wants a job where you don't have to deal with pissy customers all day??
Nikoletta

Jan 18, 2006, 12:13 PM
*raises hand and looks sheepish* I miss my security guard job. No pissy customers... just angsty teenagers. But they were sleeping.
austintmobileguy

Jan 18, 2006, 12:15 PM
I miss my life when i didnt have to work......ahh the college days were great!!!!!
pete1660

Jan 18, 2006, 12:37 PM
College days...ahhh, so many memories...so many more lost in a drunken blur. 🤣
dwhitt

Jan 18, 2006, 12:45 PM
You went to college to end up working in wireless???? 🤣
longsleeves

Jan 18, 2006, 12:47 PM
Hmmm...I've gone to college too. Just haven't finished.....yet.
pete1660

Jan 18, 2006, 12:51 PM
Ditto, six different colleges so far. Maybe number 7 will be lucky! 🤣
ondisplay

Jan 18, 2006, 1:06 PM
I got two under my belt, hoping I'll only need one more.
pete1660

Jan 18, 2006, 1:10 PM
Impressive, do not fear the multiple college experience, for it is good. 😈
longsleeves

Jan 18, 2006, 12:40 PM
Wow your job sounds exciting all I do is sit here and grade calls for Cingular.
pete1660

Jan 18, 2006, 12:43 PM
Grade? You grade people long? That kinda scares me for some strange reason. Go figure. 🤣
longsleeves

Jan 18, 2006, 12:44 PM
All I do is listen and either pass or fail them, maybe get them fired for doing stupid things or being rude to customers
pete1660

Jan 18, 2006, 12:52 PM
Sounds like fun! Do you have just two buttons on your computer, one pass, one fail? 😈
longsleeves

Jan 18, 2006, 12:55 PM
I wish! nope I have to fill out evals and type out what the calls about and how much the rep sucked.Right now I'm listening to a guy who is totally unprofessinal we can't use slang in the call he just told the customer she went straight up over her minutes.
pete1660

Jan 18, 2006, 12:58 PM
🤣 Yo Yo Yo, let me tells you dat you gots yo mins like way whack. 🤣
longsleeves

Jan 18, 2006, 12:59 PM
🤣 Yep this rep is failing this call. Time to coach
pete1660

Jan 18, 2006, 1:03 PM
Time to fire! Fire...yeah...the streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers! Sorry, channeled Cornholio for a second there. 🤣
Nikoletta

Jan 18, 2006, 4:34 PM
You're a Cingular QA? Are you in Care? I have a friend in town who works for Cingular Care, I wonder if you know her.
longsleeves

Jan 18, 2006, 4:35 PM
I'm in El Paso, Tx but we monitor different sites for Orange and Blue.
Nikoletta

Jan 18, 2006, 4:38 PM
She's in Washington, so you wouldn't know her personally but you might have does a QA for her if you do them for the Washington sites.
longsleeves

Jan 18, 2006, 4:40 PM
Nope we haven't gotten a contract for Washington sites so I guess not
ButtaKnife

Jan 18, 2006, 12:59 PM
*Raises his Dr Pepper to that*
celesticatfl

Jan 18, 2006, 1:03 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 🤣 hang on tight here comes the big hill......................................... ....and DOOWWNNNNN..................... 😳

too much excitement for one day..... 😉
austintmobileguy

Jan 18, 2006, 1:48 PM
Yeah so I just got reamed by a customer. She comes in and tells me that people cant hear her when she talks. So I aoutmatically assume that the micis going out. I take the battery off the phone (she just activated last weekend with me) and low and behold there is a huge red circle of a water marker. Infact, the phone is so soaked that the water marker has started to dissolve and run between the battery and the actual phone. I turn the phone to her to show her. Well she wouldnt hear of it. This ishow the conversation went:

You have liquid damage. What happened to thephone?

Nothing I didt get it wet.

Well this is a water marker. It tells us that the phone has been exposed to moisture.

As she grabs te phone from my hand star...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jan 18, 2006, 2:03 PM
I've been there many times, and feel your pain.
ButtaKnife

Jan 18, 2006, 2:36 PM
lol wow... yeah we've all been there. Sucks every time, though.
Nikoletta

Jan 18, 2006, 4:37 PM
Can you like have her banned from your store for profanities and violent behavior? That would be nice.
austintmobileguy

Jan 18, 2006, 4:49 PM
I pressed charges against the guy who broke my face with his violent tantram in my store. Sprint also pressed charges. He wasnt allowd to come into my store anymore. That kinda sucked for him because there is only one store in that town.....I bet he cancelled service.....he was a bad credit class anyway. I assume he's using a tracfone now.....that bastard....
ButtaKnife

Jan 18, 2006, 5:16 PM
A guy with a bad credit class was violent? Surely you jest! I hate how in this area we got all of the redneck folks because of our small deposits. Good grief I almost rejoice when a redneck tells me they are going to cancel. Take your $35/mo. elsewhere. Good luck affording the $500 deposits awaiting you.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.