Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

The Golden Sim Card

Cigee

Jan 17, 2006, 6:56 PM
I cannot tell you how many people I argue with daily over wanting the sim card out of the box on upgrades. Here is how it usually goes

Customer: You are going to give me that simcard out of the box right?
Me: Did you lose yours?
Customer: No I just want it for backup and it comes in the box
Me: Ok it will cost you 20 dollars and I will have to activate it
Customer: So I will have two active sim cards, right?
Me: Nope, your other sim card will become inactive.
Customer: I want to give it to my (whatever)
they need a phone.
Me: You want to add a line, Im sorry but you are not eligible to add a line.
Customer: Then I will just buy the sim card for 20 dollars
Me: Ok I will have to activate it under your account and your other s...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jan 17, 2006, 7:05 PM
Well because a SIM means you have service right? I don't have to PAY for anything, I just want the phone in case I need to make a call.
Cigee

Jan 17, 2006, 7:18 PM
🤣 🤣 Seriously there are people that think this is the case. Or...... "I just want a slim card so that this phone will become prepaid." "Is it already activated?" "No" "then that will be 54.13 for the activation kit." "Wha?"
johnnybmagic

Jan 20, 2006, 1:02 AM
Every store I know of gives a free (activated) SIM with an upgrade.
ralph_on_me

Jan 20, 2006, 11:27 AM
Our SIMs dont come with the phones. Our phones are in their boxes, and the SIM cards are in a package with other SIMs. If I'm upgrading them and they have an old 32K SIM, I use a new one. If they have a 64K SIM, I use their old one.

In our market SIMs are free if order on a 1:1 ratio with phones. SIMs ordered above the phone quantity cost $25. If a customer walks in and wants a SIM or has a burned SIM, it's $25.
Photogal1966

Jan 20, 2006, 12:20 PM
ralph_on_me said:
Our SIMs dont come with the phones. Our phones are in their boxes, and the SIM cards are in a package with other SIMs. If I'm upgrading them and they have an old 32K SIM, I use a new one. If they have a 64K SIM, I use their old one.

In our market SIMs are free if order on a 1:1 ratio with phones. SIMs ordered above the phone quantity cost $25. If a customer walks in and wants a SIM or has a burned SIM, it's $25.

Same here. They are not FREE, dammit! I usually have to explain to a customer that if I "give" them a SIM card, my boss will take $25 out of my check. It becomes clear to them (somewhat) then.
Big Poppa

Jan 20, 2006, 1:35 PM
Weird,

Here in the store I work in, the SIM is already pakaged with the phone. Actually, the SIM is ALREADY IN the phone when we take it out of the box. It's like someone at the warehouse opens the box puts a SIM in the phone, and put the card the SIM was originally attached to (The credit card looking thing) inside the box.

Everytime we upgrade a phone we activate the new SIM. We even transfer all the SIM contacts over to the new one.

It's weird how things work differently at different places.
ralph_on_me

Jan 20, 2006, 2:30 PM
It's probably just up to the distribution centers. Can you order SIM cards individually?
Big Poppa

Jan 20, 2006, 2:39 PM
I think so, but I think only in limited quanities per month or something.. I mean i'm sure we are able to for those people not wanting to upgrade a phone, but maybe have lost thier SIM or something.
Don.Mike

Jan 20, 2006, 11:29 AM
dude, you posted this at 1:02 AM (eastern time). sleep.
ralph_on_me

Jan 20, 2006, 11:35 AM
He might live in Canada, the land that never sleeps... or is that Alaska?
Don.Mike

Jan 20, 2006, 11:37 AM
not sure.
djdelay

Jan 20, 2006, 12:58 PM
its new york
pete1660

Jan 20, 2006, 5:48 PM
or Vegas, don't forget Vegas, baby, Vegas! 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.