Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Two funny short stories...And this should be illegal

Nikoletta

Jan 10, 2006, 7:37 PM
This first is just something that annoys the hell out of me. If you have a zip code... and I ask you for your zip code you should give it to me in a way that does not confuse me. so if your zip code is 20057 you should say "Two Zero Zero Five Seven" or even "Two Double Zero Fifty Seven" even if I hate that kind of laziness and it's not that difficult to say each number clearly. Don't say "Two hundred fifty seven." Because "Two hundred fifty seven" is 257. 257... not 20057. Lord.

Second funny... this one killed me. A woman was telling me, as we were setting up her service, that she had just recently had a phone stolen. She of course reported it and replaced it but the police were able to trace the stolen phone when the thief used ...
(continues)
Crookdale

Jan 10, 2006, 9:35 PM
on that note.. at my last job, i worked at a sporting goods store. We had this guy who would call us about "athletic supporters". Apparently he thinks he is very well endowed and loves to tell people that, doesn't matter if it is a guy or a girl, he would tell everyone that he doesn't fit in regular sized cups. I guess he really got off on calling us and telling whoever happened to answer the phone that he was large. Finally I got to answer and got the pleasure of telling him that he is disgusting and hung up on him.

The world we live in is a freak show!
dca

Jan 11, 2006, 10:16 AM
One of my first jobs was late night shifts at 7-Eleven. I worked with my boss who would constantly get calls same time every night by this guy that would harass him. One phone call example:

Boss: "Thank you for calling 7-Eleven, this is *such and such*"

Caller: "Yeah, do you have 'Big Gulps'?"

Boss: "Yes."

Caller: "What are you doing tonight?"
aemsafd

Jan 11, 2006, 10:34 AM
Or how about people that do their phone number (SSN, address, date of birth, etc.) in unconventional ways?

111-555-1212

Fifty five fifty one two one two.
Five fifty five twelve one two.
Five (pause) five-five-one (pause) twentyone two.

These people should be shot.

And also, people assume that we know their area code... WHEN THEY'RE IN A DIFFERENT AREA!
cabreras23

Jan 11, 2006, 12:47 PM
Oooh, I love that. (area codes) Especially since out here even within the same city there will be three or more different area codes. 🙄
aemsafd

Jan 11, 2006, 1:09 PM
See, our state only has one exchange. But we're right on the border of a state that uses three (at least in the area) different exchanges. So people just assume that we know automatucally what their cell number is.

Whats also difficult is that our town uses 603-508-XXXX for cells in the area. 508 is also an area code used in the border state, so if someone says 508 I don't know if thats the area code, or they assume I know what the area code is.
johnnybmagic

Jan 13, 2006, 10:37 PM
That is why I always say: Can I please have your 10 digit mobile number.
cabreras23

Jan 11, 2006, 12:29 PM
LOL...I'm sorry, but I found that a little amusing. (I'm sure it wouldn't be if I had been the one answering the call though)
dca

Jan 11, 2006, 12:37 PM
It's too bad the ones pertaining to the 1/4lb Hot Dogs & Slurpees are too tastless to post...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.