Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

customers from outerspace

sacdude

Jan 6, 2006, 11:41 PM
i like to hear about customers who act like cellphones were strange devices ,and who have no need to be having one
xIsamuTM

Jan 7, 2006, 2:24 AM
well I had a customer who was wondering if we had only a single satellite or if we hand multipule sats. I explained the basics of cell phones, towers and the mechanics. Are there any (US) satellite phone carriers?
Jubes

Jan 7, 2006, 3:00 PM
Have to say my recent customer is so far out. He calls me, tells me he has an LG 5550 and asks me about the lights on the front. Any of you who've seen these phones know that the lights dont all flash at the same time! Yes, you can set them in different patterns, but they aren't all flashing at once. Well, he calls and tells me that the phone won't allow him to make calls bc the lights aren't flashing at the same time. I asked him his name and he wouldn't tell me. I tried to explain that the lights would have no effect on the fact that he can't make calls. Well, then he leads into asking me if the cell phone could cause him to go deaf. I told him I obviously wasn't a doctor, but I was 99.9 percent sure it wouldn't make him deaf. He then tell...
(continues)
KrazyJoe

Jan 7, 2006, 2:04 PM
My fiancee's father has this grudge against cell phones. Actually, I think it's a grudge against modern technology in general as he refuses to own a microwave as well.

Or a cordless phone for that matter. Or even caller ID in a corded phone.
timslo

Jan 7, 2006, 2:13 PM
Wow! 😳 It's funny how there are people out there who think modern technology has a beef with them and as long as they don't use it, they'll be ok. Does he still use a ham radio to contact the outside world?
KrazyJoe

Jan 7, 2006, 2:49 PM
I don't think so. But he does have a computer 😕

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.