Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

False Info makes me mad

newhire05

Jan 4, 2006, 8:01 PM
I'm in a cingular call center and here's the note i left in an extremely angry woman's account...

cci vid, wanted info on plans/coverage. she called 611 for info before, and the rep gave her terrible information, and then she visited a cingular store where that rep also gave her terrible info (611 told her she could get 450 plan WITH BONUS MIN and the in store rep said she could not cancel and get her blue plan back). i notified her of the correct info (regarding coverage and no roaming charges-the 611 rep told her she either would roam or not get coverage, completely wrong) and the instore rep told her checking voicemail was free while it does in fact take away from anytime minutes) because of the mis info the cus did not trust me and ...
(continues)
sacdude

Jan 4, 2006, 10:14 PM
i understand, i feel the same way, when someone doesnt explain info properly, it can be upsetting
soldmysoul4cellular

Jan 5, 2006, 2:53 PM
😈 new hire!!!! get used to it!!!! this is going to be your life while you work here!!!! a cust can call cs 10 times and go visit a store 5 times and talk to 20 different people and get 20 different answers....most of which will be wrong.....my advice...learn your job!!! make sure you know the correct information....apologize for the cust receiving wrong info (i do this atleast 5 times a day) then explain the correct way things work and all options....don't let it get you down...i been doing this a LONG time...and it does not get better...but infact worse...the larger we become the more this will happen....it's just life......and good luck!!!!!!!
longsleeves

Jan 5, 2006, 3:04 PM
You said it...the truth!
Willwise

Jan 5, 2006, 3:23 PM
No kidding I don't know how many times a CS rep will tell a customer we can do a transfer of liability in our store and we can't. The customer will always believe the person who tells them what they want to hear no matter how wrong it is.
pete1660

Jan 5, 2006, 3:38 PM
Lets not forget who is passing along this information. I often see customers who have wrong information and they state that "so and so said that this is what I can do" and they never actually spoke to anyone. They "hear" things and assume the info is correct or they hope that by telling an employee that they've been given information from one location that somehow we'd be able to do the same thing. I've had customers come in and ask me to do things for their accounts that I could never, ever do. They respond by telling me that some guy in a store at another mall said they'd do that for them. When I ask why they didn't go back to the same store, they give a dead-stare look, as if the thought never occurred to them. I read somewhere that...
(continues)
soldmysoul4cellular

Jan 5, 2006, 4:18 PM
let us not forget....the customer is always right........................................ ..................unless it's in the wireless industry...then they are always, always wrong
Nikoletta

Jan 5, 2006, 4:27 PM
"My cousin told me I could get a free T809 if he referred me and that I could get 5000 minutes for $30 a month with free nights, weekends, mobile to mobile, and nights starting at 5pm. What do you mean you don't offer that? You people are liars!"
soldmysoul4cellular

Jan 5, 2006, 4:46 PM
😎 and we are...liars....every last one of us....either that or his cousin is!!!!!!
Nikoletta

Jan 5, 2006, 4:48 PM
Couldn't be his cousin, so it's gotta be us. All of us... Every Single One of us. Right. But not his cousin.
soldmysoul4cellular

Jan 5, 2006, 5:32 PM
i've only been doing this 5 years i have no idea what im talking about and i make things up as i see fit which is why i still have my job....isn't that how everything in life works?
Nikoletta

Jan 5, 2006, 5:56 PM
Me too, well only over a year here but I've always just made stuff up at random. When I worked at the book store I had all sort of fun making up prices and telling people over the phone that I would hold their books then HIDING it someplace else in the store so they couldn't have it. It was funny to watch them look for it.
Photogal1966

Jan 5, 2006, 6:37 PM
What I love (and this used to happen in the photography industry, too) and people go from store to store and say things about reps at the nearby stores.

"So and so told me that I would have service by now in Lower Left Eqypt Virginia, and I still don't have it!" (This is a lie on the customer's part, btw.)

Me: "I am so sorry. I will have to have a talk with her when we have lunch today!"

Sheesh. 🙄
ralph_on_me

Jan 5, 2006, 7:37 PM
If the DFW market calling your voicemail counts as a mobile-to-mobile call. Most markets don't have it as good as us...
newhire05

Jan 6, 2006, 8:10 PM
that first sentence doesn't make sense. its a freaking gerund or run-on or something. i keep rereading it thinking i have to solve a puzzle or something. really jesus christ that doesn't make sense.
djdelay

Jan 6, 2006, 8:16 PM
he meant In instead of If......

ralph_on_me meant to say:
In the Dallas/Fort Worth market, calling your voicemail counts as a mobile-to-mobile call. Most markets don't have it as good as us...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.