Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

blocking numbers from cell phones???????

jdmchic

Nov 8, 2005, 8:16 PM
Is this even possible? I have a customer who is getting harassing phone calls and he called his carrier but they informed him it was impossible to block numbers from calling in. Is this true??????
verizonlady1

Nov 8, 2005, 8:36 PM
From my understanding through VZW. There is not a way to block calls. The only suggestion is to have a new number assigned to the phone.
the answer is 42

Nov 10, 2005, 1:46 AM
As far as I'm aware you can't block callers on a wireless network. What would be the point? They find out they're blocked, then block their number from showing and it comes up as unavailable, same problem ensues. I tell people to add the number to their phonebook under "do not answer" and change the ring to a single beep. They then don't answer/use minutes. Then they can fast fwd through any voice mail left and delete it. Eventually the caller will give up.
lorilicious

Nov 10, 2005, 8:39 AM
That is some great advice! That's what I do when i get nuissance calls from someone. Only they'll just go to another phone and call if they are psycho or whatever but yeah they'll eventually get the message and give up. some brains are just tougher to crack than others.
BrokenSoul

Nov 10, 2005, 12:04 PM
On some phones, there are ways to block calls. This applies to only calls w/ private numbers or unknown (no number shown) calls. Or the other option is to turn off all incoming calls.

I personally have been getting "unknown caller" two to three times a day for the past week, and they just hang up when I answer. No number given, customer service doesn't have the number either. If I find the person, I'm going to nail them to a cross on their front lawn.

😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.