Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

I HAVE HADE ENOUGH!!!!!

cellnuts

Nov 7, 2005, 6:57 PM
ok today a big wig decided that he was going to visit our store today, whatever no big deal.

well i guess he had wild hair up his a** because he went off on a tangent to my assistant manager such as
" why are there things on the counter?"
"what are these phones doing out?"
"they cant be sitting , put the stools around the other side of the counter!"

blah blah blah....

i don't agree with making your employees stand for 8 to 10 hours a day!

first of all you make us wear dress shoes, so our feet will hurt, not to mention those of us who have bad posture which will cause our backs to hurt,
i get tired and very grumpy if i have to stand all day, I'm not productive.

i don't think that our business is going to boom because we ...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Nov 7, 2005, 7:01 PM
First of all, we keep our chairs on our side of the counter. We don't put them on the other side because we don't want our customers getting comfortable and camping out. We want them in, and out... period. I do think we need to stand up at all times when a customer is in the store though. I get time to sit when they're not in. You also need to get some rubber mats for your floor behind the counter. You'll love them, seriously!
cingcing

Nov 7, 2005, 7:12 PM
You guys get cahirs?
ralph_on_me

Nov 7, 2005, 7:15 PM
we have large stools. They're for the front, but we have one in each back corner. When it's dead we pull them up to the counter.

Or did I mispell chair in my post and not catch it?
cingcing

Nov 7, 2005, 7:36 PM
I have worked here, in the mall for almost 2 years and never once has any of us had a chair to sit in. it doesn't matter how bad our feet or backs hurt. (I can tell you something about back pain by the way) It's just not done, you should be greatful you can do it at all.
cellnuts

Nov 7, 2005, 8:47 PM
i am not speaking for anyone else in this forum but me!

i do not take to standing all day well at all thats the bottom line!

if you let me wear comfortible shoes then ill be happier.

i don't need this job so therefore i don't need to be happy about anything if i don't want to.

this job is not bringing in enough money for me that i should have to stand all damn day and for no good reason thats bull sh*t that it makes you more productive. more productive to me means being comfortible in your atmosphere not straining to stand and complaining all day that your feet hurt.

sorry that you feel that way cingcing.
cingcing

Nov 8, 2005, 2:46 PM
My first post was a lighthearted joke then ralph had to get all serious.

Never said you were talking for anyone else.

I understand your complaint. My feet hurt too. My paychecks are worth a little pain to me, I have had WAY worse jobs than this.

Sorry I came across like that.
cellnuts

Nov 8, 2005, 4:53 PM
that cool i understand. I guess i was in the mood to start a fight...he he..

but im better today because they gave us our chairs back! 😁
GILDAR

Nov 8, 2005, 5:03 PM
more productive to me means being comfortible in your atmosphere not straining to stand and complaining all day that your feet hurt.

Hear Hear,
I agree with you all the way. Where I work now I dont have to worry about it but I used to work in a callcenter that made you dress up all day. I mean we are talking over the phone and if I am comfertable then I will work much better. But I am now working in a callcenter were I dont have to worry as long as what you where is not offensive or shows to much skin, you are all set.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.