Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Our own experiences as customers...

wacko_javo

Oct 27, 2005, 3:03 PM
So we take care of customers but we have a life of course and are customers of many companies ourselves, so I want us to share stories about our own experience as customers, experiencing good and/or bad customer service...

for example I have always received excellent CC from my bank (bank of america), and lousy CC from my cell phone company (the equivalent to Cingular in Argentina)... the difference was that very clearly the bank people are well trained and have always known how to help me, and the cell phone people had no clue about what they were doing and needed to place me on hold forever for each question I asked... another difference was the attitude, one helpfull the other anoyed by my call...
CptFarlow

Oct 27, 2005, 4:15 PM
As far as my experiences...

I have had Verizon, Cingular, and Sprint. Even before I got this job selling Sprint, I had their service. First of all, I do not like GSM at all. Cingular customer service reps (for the most part...) did not know what they were doing. The person in the store that sold and activated the phone signed me up for a plan totally unlike the once I chose. I had them for two weeks, just to try them out. I called customer service up and I was put on hold for 10 minutes, just to be transfered to a new rep. I finally got it resolved but cancelled a few days later.

Verizon wasn't that good either. I did not have service most places I went. I lived in PA at the time, but traveled to Washington, D.C. and CT. Even near New ...
(continues)
cadillacman1986

Oct 27, 2005, 4:35 PM
I must admit that my bank was always very helpful, even though they had very thick accents. I work for Verizon Wireless, and whenever I call customer service, sometimes I get a great agent, sometimes they suck. I've had T-Mobile and Cingular, both had good CS, but service in my area sucked.
USCELLGIRL

Oct 29, 2005, 2:00 PM
What we also have to realize is that most call centers have a high turnover rate. So the chances of you getting a well trained, experienced, and knowledgeable associate is slim. 😎
cinguservzwcc

Oct 29, 2005, 11:21 PM
Being an old ATT customer and having a great rate plan, that if i call cc and get cingular rep. They are a**holes. Telling me I have to switch or I wont continue to have service. But if a I get an old att employee, they are helpful and even appreciative of the call. Why is it that cingular cc sucks? Can someone tell me?
I agree about bank of america, awesome service. Everytime! No matter what branch you go too they are awesome.
LOVELYT11

Oct 30, 2005, 1:52 PM
i totally agree i once called cingular cs and advis them of an problem i was having with checking my mins.well the rep got so frustrated with me because i wouldn't accept the bull sh!t answers he was giving me and i was trying to tell him i recvd 3 diffrt answers from 3 diffrt reps about my mins used and plus the #min was not the same as the reps info so i didn't know what to believe at this point.well i didn't once curse at the rep and don't you know he hung up on me... 😡 i then cb to speak with an sup and all she did was rush me off the phone not resolving my issue.soon as my contract is up you better believe i am leaving cingular.
FuelSlut

Oct 30, 2005, 9:32 PM
I can honestly say that I enjoy being a Cingular customer. I get excellent service throughout any and all calling areas i have been in, i've only had one severe mishap with customer care and i made sure it was quickly resolved.
Being an employee for a 3rd party call center that services Cingular customers (im a floor supervisor for SSG) i understand how the system works... i also understand how to manipulate it. Lets start with the big mishap and work our way down. I puchased some accessories through my own call center (no clue how i ended up there) and they ended up sending me the incorrect items. I tried 3 times to get RMA labels and they never showed so instead, i paid for the return shipment and had them credit me. I spent 4 hours o...
(continues)
LOVELYT11

Nov 7, 2005, 12:55 PM
WELL GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE CUS SERVICE REALLY SUCKS OTHEWISE I LOVE THE SERVICE. 😡
Nikoletta

Oct 27, 2005, 5:02 PM
That's funny you mention BofA, I had one of the most horrible customer service experiences of my life at my local branch. I was so furious by the time I left with the banker I was talking to that I ended up calling the cooperate office to file a very aggressively worded complaint. He basically treated me like trash because I do not carry a high balance on my savings and checking account (I pretty much live check to check, which I hate but I'm doing my best and he looked down his nose at me.) I was actually so mad when I left I was shaking and he insisted he had no manager to speak with at the time. When I called though the reps I dealt with were extremely nice.

As for phones, I've had an AT&T phone (one of the original flips) that had ...
(continues)
danielson

Oct 27, 2005, 6:13 PM
I've had the worst experience with verizon and my treo 650. The text messaging will stop working and start again for hours at a time very day. And i call everytime it happens so i know that they see i've called pretty much everyday since i bought the phone.. but for some reason beyond me they have failed to send me a new one even tho it's to the point where i am demanding a new one or else i will just go to tmobile where i had a great experience with before and they won't give ma a huge problem with getting a phone exchanged! I hate my treo the text has never worked and boo to you verizon! I think i will just refuse to sell verizon at my work ( indirect dealer) and see what my rep has to say about that muahah
Nikoletta

Oct 27, 2005, 7:18 PM
That was the one problem I had with Verizon, and it was constant... because I lived in a very rural area I would not always get my messages (text or voicemail) and I relied on that phone for my students through the college to get in touch with me for tutoring so it was pretty annoying.
vzexpert

Nov 5, 2005, 7:49 PM
call 1-800-922-0204, tech support options, and as to speak with a data group support person at verizon. tell them that you have a SMS problem and it probably needs to be looked at in the switch. problem solved or they will send you a new Treo 650 (If its under warranty)... remember, demanding people to do things outside of normal process will get you NOWHERE!!! Always be patient with someone and they will bend over backward to assist you. Just follow with the processes!!! Oh and by the way, Verizon doesn't have the highest rated customer service by making customers demand for things...
texaswireless

Oct 27, 2005, 6:38 PM
I tend to have very high expectations of service or sales reps in any industry and usually I am very disappointed. As my employee says, I have no tolerance for (stupidity) poor service.

When I find someone who does offer the service I expect I am a customer for life.
Fenix1003

Oct 27, 2005, 6:41 PM
call girls?
texaswireless

Oct 27, 2005, 6:49 PM
Yet to find one that good. 😲
Fenix1003

Oct 27, 2005, 6:52 PM
I have my personal call girl at home 😎
Fenix1003

Oct 27, 2005, 6:52 PM
😳 wow !
Vox Dei

Oct 27, 2005, 8:51 PM
That's called a girl friend. I understand how they get confused though. both suck up your money and usually both sleep with you (although a call girl is for sure but a gf is not). But a call girl also sleeps with others. I understand the confusion though.
djdelay

Oct 27, 2005, 9:57 PM
you obviously haven't met any of my ex-gf's....they slept with others too....I guess there is no functional difference
alejandro

Oct 28, 2005, 4:53 PM
As I am not uptight and try to be ever-respectful i really don't care about good service or bad service, but that's how i am, I don't have the "everything is about me" mindframe where my money needs to be deserved or I am leaving, if a customer gets in an argument with an employee at a store and i am there to hear it, 99 times out of 100 i will, in my mind, take the side of that employee and pretty much catagorize that customer as a prick. And do everything i can to stop from throwing (usually the difference in money that they are yelling about) at their head and tell them to move the hell on because there is more to life than the 50 cent error in price for your bread.
texaswireless

Oct 28, 2005, 6:37 PM
I just can't tolerate someone with the "I don't give a ****" attitude.
alejandro

Oct 28, 2005, 6:48 PM
i can understand that, i cannot understand the people yelling at the clerk because their can of creamed corn is supposed to be 14 cents cheaper.
ralph_on_me

Oct 28, 2005, 6:54 PM
I think the "I don't give a ****" attitude should be applied to many things about everyday life, but not everything. I certainly don't care about a few cents. I tip big anyway. I get really pissed off when I see people break the law though, even for something as common as speeding. If I was Mad Max pre Thunderdome, you'd all be on the side of the road with crushed vehicles.

It's all about the situation. A dollar isn't worth my time to argue over it. $100 dollars probably is.
alejandro

Oct 28, 2005, 7:05 PM
i was behind some guy arguing in the food court about the price of his chinese food that he orders every day, i think it was 50 cents more, but he made such a big deal about it and they corrected it for him and he threw the 50 cents in the tip jar, that is just @ssholery. but i dont have much regard for the law personally, i would much rather rely on personal respect.
pete1660

Oct 29, 2005, 8:14 PM
As I always like to say in life, "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
johnnybmagic

Oct 31, 2005, 2:02 PM
How about, "don't sweat the small stuff...and it's all small stuff". And why in the he!! would anyone care if someone commits a victimless crime like speeding?? I personally believe there should be no punishment for victimless crime. Somepeople need to get the stick out there a$$ and realize that life is short, but it is up to you to make it wide. Have fun and don't sweat the small stuff!!
alejandro

Oct 31, 2005, 2:54 PM
Speeding is not a victimless crime as in if you go too fast you kill someone, it's harder to stop the faster you go. It wouldn't need to be illegal though if people just had the respect for everyone else to not speed and kill people...
ralph_on_me

Oct 31, 2005, 3:22 PM
Driving is also something you're licensed to do. You get certification because you agree to do certain things and not to do others. There are many, many laws which you don't get a choice in, but if someone can't follow motor vehicle laws then they just shouldn't drive.

Speeding is reckless and a road hazard to everyone around you. I have plenty of time to merge into another lane for an exit until someone going 20mph over the speed limit decides to pass on the right (That's two violations). Then there's also people who like to change lanes in the middle of an intersection, who cross solid lines, who drive on the shoulder or across the median. You're not better than anyone else and don't have special privaledges according to it.
Nikoletta

Oct 31, 2005, 4:36 PM
The true victimless crimes I couldn't care less about... if somebody wants to smoke a joint, go for it, just don't come to work stoned and make me have to carry your workload. If you're 19 and want to get smashed, have at it, but don't do it at my place and don't ask me to buy your booze. Want to make Meth out of Sudafed, don't do it in my garage.

But Speeding isn't victimless, like the others said, people get hurt when you speed, you loose control of the car, you hit a deer going 80mph and go careening across four lanes of traffic and kill people.
Nikoletta

Oct 30, 2005, 12:09 PM
I expect good customer service because I spend most of my time struggling to deliver the same. I am the same way about breaking the law, in almost any way and it is likely to piss me off because I spend so much of the time I'm not devoting to serving idiots to making sure I toe the line, I expect the same out of others.

If it's a small amount but I feel that the signage was misleading I will point it out, I won't yell or get mad about it but if they won't honor the sign I will likely decide I don't want to purchase that item. I generally use a very mellow voice where it seems like if they tell me no I will be very sad. I'm disappointed certainly but I'll get over... I've canceled my car insurance policy and gone to another company beca...
(continues)
wacko_javo

Oct 28, 2005, 9:53 AM
Another one: my cable company. There were calls and then there were calls. Some good some bad. I got a great sales lady to hook me up, very nice and professional. Themn when called the first times to CC it was really fine, very polite and effective; then the last few tmes I called, to downgrade the speed of my cable modem internet, they were like "uh.. uh... can we do that.." LOL, well they didn't say that but the guy that helpped me with that was obviously new, I really beared with him and had a lot of pantience, I hope it paid off since I did that recently and I'm yet to receive the new downgraded bill... **crosses his fingers**
axess_denied

Nov 6, 2005, 5:36 PM
The best customer service I have ever received has been at Quik Trip. The employees there seem to love their job and always greet you and say "See you next time!" All of those employees deserve raises, I have never had a bad experience at a QT. The worst customer service is equally tied in my mind between Sprint (with out-sourced customer service reps that don't speak English, Spanish, or any Latin based languages) and Wally-World.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.