Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

I just can't decide

Nikoletta

Oct 11, 2005, 1:09 PM
I can't decide if I love or hate Relay calls. I just had one and the Relay operator was wonderful but I've also had them where the operator was terrible, rude, and hard to understand.

Relay calls can be a real pain in the rear because they take FOREVER and 99% of the time they're a care issue and with a relay call you pretty much have to transfer (and we get kinda busted if we transfer instead of just giving the care number.) You have to speak in slow disjointed sentences so the operator can keep up and they get (some of them) very cranky if you ask them to slow down or repeat themselves...the whole Relay system is kinda ridiculous sometimes anyways. And it takes so long between responses sometimes I forget what the problem is when th...
(continues)
everman

Oct 11, 2005, 1:15 PM
I just ride out a transfer when I need a break from taking calls.
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:16 PM
What's Relay?
Nikoletta

Oct 11, 2005, 1:19 PM
Relay is when a person who is hearing impaired is using a text device and they have a person sitting at a computer reading what the caller is saying back to you... and typing what you say over to the caller. It's a long slow tedious process.
Buffo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:27 PM
I wondered the same thing.
cellutions79

Oct 11, 2005, 1:31 PM
Yha I used to work in a call center for a furniture company. And I had to deal with some of those. like you said its not too bad if the relay operator is nice. My overall expierence was good.
beenthere

Oct 11, 2005, 1:30 PM
I like to ask them alot of stupid questions like whats the pass word on th eaccount when there is none. or Can i get your dob soc and home addressit makes the customer mad at the relay operator
Nikoletta

Oct 11, 2005, 1:50 PM
And makes me mad at the Relay Operator because they get pissy and won't repeat themselves without asking the customer to repeat themselves even though they have that information right in front of them.
beenthere

Oct 11, 2005, 1:58 PM
😁 its ok though cause you can come on here and vent! 😉
Nikoletta

Oct 11, 2005, 2:04 PM
Exactly!
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:36 PM
OMG, nooooooooo 😳 poor you Niki!
mickey-vzw

Oct 11, 2005, 2:02 PM
i hate relay and in my opinion if you have to use relay then you don't need a phone
VZDubGov

Oct 11, 2005, 5:51 PM
"Go ahead..."
EvilOrangeJello

Oct 11, 2005, 6:28 PM
I. love. Nikoletta. Go ahead.
G-rad

Oct 11, 2005, 6:42 PM
Damn quit callin her a goathead!
UOQuack

Oct 13, 2005, 1:32 PM
We occasionally get relay calls in my store, and invariably it's a customer who wants to order a phone and have it shipped to them. They want the phone on a plan, with no contract, and they want the phone billed to such & such an address. It's not always that way, but we've had it a bunch of times, and I bet $10 to a barrell full of woodpecker's lips that it's a scam. We don't take many relay calls at my store.
Nikoletta

Oct 13, 2005, 1:37 PM
They genearlly get pissy about the credit card thing when it is a sale for us too...then they yell at me about how they need this phone (almost always the Sidekick) right now (why do people always need whatever they're ordering RIGHT NOW?) but are unable to get out of the house to go to a store to buy one. Why do you need a mobile device if you never leave your home? I just still don't get it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.