Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 48 replies

Pet Peeves from a insurance agent.....

lorilicious

Sep 16, 2005, 10:05 AM
1- Why do I need to pay a deductible???
(what I would love to say: "because I don't like you and I want you to cry)... Actually moron JUST LIKE your car/home insurance. YOU pay a monthly premium for coverage but when you have to file a claim you pay a deductible.

2- Can I get an upgrade on my phone even if I pay extra?
NO! We don't sell phones, we REPLACE Phones, we can only replace phone that was insured at time of loss. so if you had a nokia 5160 (dinosaur phone) that's exactly what you'll get if its available, unless we are out of stock we won't change the model.

3- Why do I need to pay for a police report?
Because you are filing a LEGAL insurance claim with the insurance company and we are regulated by terms and conditio...
(continues)
Fenix1003

Sep 16, 2005, 11:21 AM
this is so true, i was going to do this but i got lazy and decided not to, too long... hmm what about
11. -Could i get my Replacement at the store?

or when they call back saying

12.- i don't like the color/size from the phone i recieved
lorilicious

Sep 16, 2005, 1:56 PM
oh yeah! I agree with those DEFINITELLY 🤣 I got one more:

13- Can I pay my deductible at the store? or Can't you "bill me" for it?
Fenix1003

Sep 16, 2005, 2:10 PM
well cingular bills the deductible but when i used to work fro sprint they would ask that also and sprint does not
alejandro

Sep 16, 2005, 3:01 PM
My carrier doesn't use your company, but I let them know all the rules and tell them if it was over 90 days to make something up and give a whole story. Because people in this state are really stupid and do not understand rules and conditions.
ralph_on_me

Sep 16, 2005, 4:38 PM
I miss the days when stores could do insurance claims. I think it was less of a headache for the insurance companies. Customers got brand new phones the same day, we could charge the difference in store for a different model, and the insurance company only paid the cost of the approved model.
lorilicious

Sep 17, 2005, 8:21 AM
that had to be nice! lol... people LIE LIE LIE and is worse when we can't look at them in the face lol
cingcing

Sep 17, 2005, 2:04 PM
I've had several people sent into my store by "insurance" reps, then have the audacity to tell me what I can and can't do in my store! Whould Allstate send a customer back to chevy?
WE CAN'T PROCCESS INSURANCE CLAIMS IN THE STORE! Even the corporate strores. Tell everyone you know.

If we could, what would we need you for to begin with?
queenvictoria

Sep 17, 2005, 3:16 PM
Actually, at certain times, the insurance needs to send customers to the store because they can't ship the phone for some reason, like if cust care doesn't show insurance, but lockline does, they use cingulars ordering system, so it wont allow them to ship it. Lots of stores are able to process these orders, corp stores. and all of the stores are replacing phones for insurance for the hurricane victims. Have a nice day.
cingcing

Sep 17, 2005, 5:38 PM
Oh am I dismissed? 🤣

Even if what you say is true, I'll never do it. I'll send that cust to care or you every time. This is why;

Our customers pay you for a service. We sell insurance policys for your company. It seems to me that Cingular would benefit to get rid of you. What are our customers paying for? If my customer buys insurance, his phone gets stolen and you send him back into the store so I can eat a phone. Why even bother? What happens when you crash your car? Does your insurance company send you back to the salesman you bought your car from? NO! You are the insurance Co. We are the Cell phone co. If we didn't sell insurance for you what would happen? Yup, that's right unemployment line for you.

Think about that nex...
(continues)
themike314

Sep 18, 2005, 12:30 PM
It's not 'passing the customer off'. The program we use prompts us to do it, and it has a list of all the Cingular Orange Corporate stores that can finish the replacement.

If your store is unable to complete an insurance replacement, you need to contact the insurance company and request that your store be removed from that list.
lorilicious

Sep 18, 2005, 1:04 PM
We don't insure cingular but for certain issues is best that a tech looks at the phone before filing a claim under malfunctions. Stores and insurance are there to help each other not to "destroy" each other. lol We both should help the customer as much as we can before tossing them back and forth
cingcing

Sep 18, 2005, 7:35 PM
I don't want to "destroy" anybody. I just fail to see the point in having third party insurance if they are gonna send them back to me.

My point is, we both have a job to do. I did mine by selling the package to begin with. Your not doing yours by sending them back to the hand that feeds you.
lorilicious

Sep 19, 2005, 8:03 AM
feeds us? hrmm... alrighty then ;)
The only reason why we send them back to the store is when they are describing a MALFUNCTION under MANUFACTURER'S warranty, since you seem to be so educated in the subject maybe you'll know where I'm coming from. Not ALL carriers are like this, but at least verizon/suncom/t-mobile if they are in manufacturer's warranty, unless the phone is damaged we CAN'T cover the claim 🙂 that was what I was refering to... Since you are supposedly the "hand that feeds us", maybe you might want to consider other servings.
Fenix1003

Sep 19, 2005, 11:51 AM
I am pretty sure you don't unserdtans why we send customers to the store, let me explain it to you, my insurance company, and your phone company, both work with a system, and some rules , if you work with cingular the rule is if we CAN'T send the phone out then a corporate store will finish the RRQ, cingular approves that. so quit bitching and do your job, its not like we go like hey! go to the store!, the system that cingular and lockline agreed to makes us
ralph_on_me

Sep 19, 2005, 1:04 PM
Hey Fenix, I had a customer in here on Saturday who bought a new Razr and asked the rep to put it on, but apparently he didn't. The sob story is that her phone was stolen that night at her birthday party. I know there's nothing Lockline can do about it, but since she got it from a corporate store and it was his mistake, is she still SOL or does she have a chance? I think I've heard of this stuff being taken care of before, but you'd have more experience with it.
themike314

Sep 19, 2005, 1:10 PM
She'd need to fax in the proof of purchase for the phone.
ralph_on_me

Sep 19, 2005, 1:23 PM
POP isn't the problem, it's that the rep didn't add insurance when she asked. If he remembers her asking, I think she has a shot at having it corrected since it was a mistake. She didn't have the insurance before that point. It's a sob story, I know.
themike314

Sep 19, 2005, 2:31 PM
Ah. In that case, it would have to be on the original contract or contract for that phone if she signed one at that time, and that would have to be faxed to customer care. Otherwise, there's nothing that can be done.
paulryan

Sep 21, 2005, 12:32 PM
chances are it was not added because the razr is not insurable
ralph_on_me

Sep 21, 2005, 5:28 PM
The Razr wasn't insurable, but it has been since July 24th. If you have a razr and don't have insurance, you can and should put it on the phone now.
paulryan

Sep 21, 2005, 5:30 PM
oh ok... my bad.. i was unaware... last i heard they couldn't, but it seems thats been changed... to many customers bitching about it i assume
ralph_on_me

Sep 21, 2005, 5:41 PM
They got it when they added the extended warranty features. It's a good thing.... very good thing. They've changed so much in the past two months that it's easy to get mentally lost.
paulryan

Sep 21, 2005, 5:44 PM
agreed.. i know now though... thanx for the update 😁
Jamie_Wolf

Sep 19, 2005, 2:09 PM
I don't know if Cingular's policy is different, but here is USCC's policy:
In house claims are used only when the contract reflects the customer elected the handset insurance, but U. S. Cellular's representative failed to enter the feature to the customer's account. The Signal is unable to process claims from customers that have not been billed for the insurance. Therefore, U. S. Cellular will be responsible for the error and take care of the customer's phone need through an in-house claim.

Phone replacement with the insurance is for "like kind and quality." If the customer chooses to upgrade to a better phone then the difference should be charged to the customer.

Procedure:
1. Verify on the original contract that the cu
(continues)
cingcing

Sep 19, 2005, 5:19 PM
Well allow me to retort.

First off I don't know where warranty exchange got brought into this.

Secondly, this is a "legacy blue" store and I can tell you for a fact, that we can NOT process an insurance claim here. Even though this is a corporate store. My situation can't be unique. Again, call ahead and save everybody a headache.
themike314

Sep 20, 2005, 1:27 PM
#1 - We're not able to make outbound calls. That's why we have a list of pre-approved stores to send the customers to.

#2 - If customers are still being sent to your store in error, please call lock\line and have your store removed from the database.
lorilicious

Sep 20, 2005, 2:07 PM
YEAH for real! freaking duh!.. oh yeah mike, don't forget cingcing is the "hand that feeds us" lmao.. sorry I can't get over that one!
cingcing

Sep 21, 2005, 12:26 PM
Might as well be my signature on your paychecks. 😉
themike314

Sep 21, 2005, 1:54 PM
As long as they cash the same, I don't think anyone would mind.
cingcing

Sep 21, 2005, 2:01 PM
Well put. 🤣
queenvictoria

Sep 20, 2005, 8:34 PM
Well, now that changes things. It does have to be an orange store!
queenvictoria

Sep 20, 2005, 12:50 PM
actually, if you think about it, you have to go back to a shop to get it repaired, the insurance just pays for it. the insurance can't repaint your car or replace your bumper!
cingcing

Sep 21, 2005, 12:37 PM
But you guys wouldn't be paying for the phones we would give the cust. It would be one thing if the cust paid for the phone and you reimbursed them. But that would not be the case would it? I would have to eat the phone, write it off. Ask Acura to write off a new tl cause their cust just piled one into a telephone pole and they would laugh at you. But pay for it and they don't care, right?
queenvictoria

Sep 21, 2005, 2:41 PM
If you were an orange store you would know that we do remimburse the store!
cingcing

Sep 21, 2005, 2:43 PM
Oh, ok. Thank you for clearing that up. How would a blue store get on that pre-approved list?
themike314

Sep 21, 2005, 2:49 PM
No plans for that yet, but check back around November 1st when all of the Blue customers are switched over to the Orange insurance plans.
queenvictoria

Sep 21, 2005, 8:40 PM
And by then, we hopefully will have no system issues or anything where we have to send the cust to the store.
colione112

Oct 6, 2005, 11:55 PM
Actually, we dont do insurance claims in the store anymore. Yes i'm in a corp store, and yes I know what I'm talking about. It got so bad at one point, we would get at least 2 cust a day from insurance. Word came down, and we haven't had one since. that was 3 months ago.
EvilOrangeJello

Sep 16, 2005, 5:33 PM
Here's one for the Cingular folks:

14: how come I had a black RAZR but I got the silver one?
Fenix1003

Sep 17, 2005, 2:13 PM
that also goes for us in the insurance
lorilicious

Sep 17, 2005, 2:41 PM
AGREE! 🙂 I remember when the LG TM-510 was around ... verizon customers would get so pissed if they got a black one instead of the silver one! 🙄
motorola1

Sep 17, 2005, 11:51 PM
Cell phone insurance is stupid anyway. Just go buy another phone. Or how about be a little more careful in the first place.
lorilicious

Sep 18, 2005, 8:06 AM
hrmm.. not always. unless you have a expensive phone to begin with, why buy insurance?? like if you have a kyocera rave/energy or a cheap nokia, unless your phone is not 200+ retail don't bother with insurance, you'll bitch too much lol. But seriously you do the same for auto/home insurance, you damage something and you need them to act on the damage, prepare to pay a deductible.
EvilOrangeJello

Sep 20, 2005, 2:08 PM
Cell phone insurance is stupid anyway. Just go buy another phone. Or how about be a little more careful in the first place.

QFT.
lorilicious

Sep 20, 2005, 2:16 PM
UNLESS you have a pricey phone don't bother with insurance (we don't want to hear your crying) lol
themike314

Sep 18, 2005, 1:19 PM
lorilicious said:
10- The phone you are offering me costs less than my original phone!
WE replace phones based on FEATURES, not price/color/shape/format/size. Quit bitching!

I love that one. I always use the RAZR as an example. It came out less than a year ago, and was priced at over $1,000. Now you can get one for about $400. That's a 60+% decrease in value, and we're still within the first year.

As for the color of the phone, I can't wait until someone calls in to replace their Pink RAZR.
lorilicious

Sep 18, 2005, 3:27 PM
yeah me neither! WE don't carry cingular but but we do have T-mobile and they might carry it also. I know suncom don't have the RAZR but yeah its going to be interesting. is like a NEXTEL customer trying to replace a rhinestone studded pink baby phat edition motorola phn (dammit I wanted that phone so bad!)... like good luck buddy!
lovingchaos1978

Sep 22, 2005, 6:57 PM
It should read; Pet peeves from an insurance agent.

🙄

This has been your daily english lesson.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.