Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

How strict is cingulars credit check?

lorilicious

Sep 9, 2005, 9:11 AM
😁 I want cingular service, but I have questionable credit, I've had service with sprint for 5 years. They have been awesome to me but cingular has better phones. How strict is the credit check? what is the largest amount that they require as a deposit if needed? Help 🙂
motomuffy

Sep 9, 2005, 9:36 AM
The largest amount I have seen has been $800, but that is when a customer has had a previous account with Cingular and still owes them money. If your credit is really bad I would say $750, if it isn't quite that bad $500 or $300, if it only has a little ding on it $150. You may even realize it isn't as bad as you think and get a $0 deposit. It doesn't hurt to try.
cellutions79

Sep 9, 2005, 10:14 AM
If all else fails go to VZW, Cingy wanted 400 from me where VZW wanted no deposit.
lorilicious

Sep 9, 2005, 10:18 AM
i'm not too sure about VZW, I'm their insurance company and I hear awful things from their customers, plus they have suckier phones than cingular lol 🤣
cellutions79

Sep 9, 2005, 10:36 AM
Then pay 700 just to get a phone, its your money not mine. I could care less how sucky my phone was I am not paying any deposot just to get one.
ralph_on_me

Sep 9, 2005, 10:38 AM
Cingy's deposits are steep, but it cuts down the chargeback rate. Also, you will get it back after a year if your payments are on time.

If you've had a few dings on your credit you should buy your report and dispute a charge or three. You can do it every $30 days and it's pretty easy to take old things that you've already paid off completely off your record.
cadillacman1986

Sep 9, 2005, 12:26 PM
I have been checked by both Cingular and Verizon. I was only 18 with a high credit card bill that I payed on time every month above the minimum required. Cingular wanted no deposit when I did it online. I don't know about the store, I never tried it. Six months before, when I only had a savings account, no checking or credit card, they wanted $800 deposit. I'm going to check what Verizon wants now.
mickey-vzw

Sep 21, 2005, 2:36 PM
i work for vzw and we have some cool phones and people always have something bad to say about cell phone companies but what the say about us is not true. the ins conpanies is the ones that charge a 50.00 deductible and then send out a bad phone. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.