Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Independent Stores, whats the problem?

gsmcentral

Aug 31, 2005, 3:52 PM
I work for an Independent Store. For the life of me I dont understand why the carriers are so mad at what we do. It started with Tmobile First not allowing us to activate OEM/non-tmobile phones in the begining of the month then changing policies to allow them mid-month. Then the following month not pay any commission on contract extensions. I thought its just Tmos way of saying we're a cheap ass carrier until....

Today 8/31/05 I find out from our master agent that Cingular isn't gonna pay any commission on any phones that are non-cingular (thats 1 day notice), and come Nov 1st we have to be exclusive Cing.

WHY? Is the question.

I guess they dont care about the little people that have rents to pay and mouths to feed.

Its bad eno...
(continues)
texaswireless

Aug 31, 2005, 4:38 PM
Let me guess, you used to be a ATTWS agent? Pretty much all Cingular agents are required to be exclusive. Your master agent just didn't bother to let you know the change was coming.

As far as the non-cingular comp deal, that was also disclosed to all agents back in July. Again, talk to your master agent. They seem to not be relaying information in a timely manner.
ralph_on_me

Aug 31, 2005, 5:06 PM
Tex is on it again. We've known it was coming for about two months, and had official word for at least one month.
axess_denied

Sep 5, 2005, 4:36 PM
It's probably because it makes no sense for T-Mobile or Cingular to pay independant dealer's to activate equipment that they do not carry. Why should T-Mobile or Cingular pay out on people activating equipment that does not guarantee the customer will stay with service. The purpose of locking phonesis to maintain competition between the carriers. You should not be awarded for activating a Cingular phone on T-Mobile's phone and vice versa. The first reason is the fact that you are doing a dis-service to the customer. When you activate a phone on a network other than the one it is meant for, your customer is not able to use all features (ie T-Zones or Media Net) maybe if your career is retail, you should be concerned with buildig a relationshi...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.