Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

America is Expanding ? ?

ATT_IS_DEAD

Jul 31, 2005, 8:30 AM
I had the pleasure of talking to this customer last night who was adamantly telling me that he should not have been charged International Long Distance in his statement for calling Saipan, because this is the 53rd US state ? ?

hmmm, the 51st state must be Puerto Rico and 52nd must be Guam. Anyway, I kindly told him that we consider there to be only 50 states and Saipan is not one of them. Well, he freaked out and demanded a supervisor to speak with, telling me that I obviously do not know anything about geography and America. I gave him his supervisor and checked his account later and he sadly did not receive any credit. 😢
Badibada

Jul 31, 2005, 12:16 PM
im laughin so hard...poor guy.......
themike314

Jul 31, 2005, 2:26 PM
What is wrong with people? How is someone like this able to function in society?
hellfire666

Aug 1, 2005, 10:44 AM
that was a great laugh. thanks for the post.
jerrydock

Aug 3, 2005, 7:55 AM
YES,,,America is expanding. We just bought Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands...no roaming there now for SunCom customers.

Stay tuned for the ever-expanding USA.
repCB

Aug 1, 2005, 12:14 PM
ATT_IS_DEAD said:
I had the pleasure of talking to this customer last night who was adamantly telling me that he should not have been charged International Long Distance in his statement for calling Saipan, because this is the 53rd US state ? ?

hmmm, the 51st state must be Puerto Rico and 52nd must be Guam. Anyway, I kindly told him that we consider there to be only 50 states and Saipan is not one of them. Well, he freaked out and demanded a supervisor to speak with, telling me that I obviously do not know anything about geography and America. I gave him his supervisor and checked his account later and he sadly did not receive any credit. 😢
captainplooky

Aug 2, 2005, 5:41 AM
I found it rather humorous.

I have no doubt you all encounter a barrage of ludicrous and outrageous stories and claims such as this.

I do have to wonder though if the person actually believed what he was saying was indeed factual or if he honestly believed that someone would believe him.

In the end it's one of those things in Aresnio Hall would refer to as "Things that make you go hmmmm".
repCB

Aug 2, 2005, 8:29 AM
captainplooky said:
I found it rather humorous.

I have no doubt you all encounter a barrage of ludicrous and outrageous stories and claims such as this.

I do have to wonder though if the person actually believed what he was saying was indeed factual or if he honestly believed that someone would believe him.

In the end it's one of those things in Aresnio Hall would refer to as "Things that make you go hmmmm".

Damn, an Arsenio Hall reference. My head is spinning...
captainplooky

Aug 2, 2005, 10:45 AM
😁 🤣
disturbed1

Aug 3, 2005, 10:23 AM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if he actually thought it was true.

Ever see/hear those little bits on radio and tv that go out on the streets and ask people questions that most people find simple (i.e. "Jaywalking" on the Tonight Show)? We have a local radio station that will do that sometimes and you'd never believe the answers to some of the questions.

Examples: "Who's the president of the US?"
"George Washington?"

"How many states are in our country?"
"55?"

"Who wrote Einstien's Theory of Relativity?"
"ummm......uuuuuhhhh.......Danielle Steele?"

🤣
texaswireless

Aug 5, 2005, 12:35 AM
You get a biscuit for mentioning a washed up talk show host. If you would have figured out how to fit in another failed talk show host like Fletch or Magic I would have taken you to Outback.
bigoltexasboy

Aug 10, 2005, 2:42 PM
Does Ellen count? How about Roseanne? Didn't Martin Short try the talk show gig?
texaswireless

Aug 10, 2005, 4:15 PM
I think Ellen still has one. The others all tried and failed.
Fenix1003

Aug 10, 2005, 1:37 PM
you guys are forgetting American Samoa south from Hawaii
axess_denied

Aug 3, 2005, 11:41 AM
Apparently you didn't inform the customer that due to his great insight he was deemed to stupid to have wireless service or even touch another wirless device. Do you know if he could even spell his own name?
Jamie_Wolf

Aug 10, 2005, 11:45 AM
Duh.
Vox Dei

Aug 10, 2005, 4:56 PM
I had someone try and escalate on me by telling me that her national plan should cover Canada because it was the 56 state. When she wanted to escalate i told her that i was from canada and last time i walked down to the post office the flag did not hav 56 stars on it...It had a big red maple leaf on it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.