Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Question for my fellow Call Center Reps...

KCShadowDragon

Jul 27, 2005, 10:35 AM
Why is it anytime a customer makes an outrageous demand, and you explain to them that they are bound by terms and conditions they signed to and agreed to, and said terms and conditions are EXPLICITLY violated by their request... you the rep are "rude"
themike314

Jul 27, 2005, 12:41 PM
Give them what they want, regardless of what it is, or you aren't doing your job correctly.

They'll call back enough until they find someone who will give them what they want, regardless of how long it takes. (How do these people find the free time to do this?)

And therein lies the problem. There will always be employees who don't care about T&C and/or P&P.

If a customer [eventually] always gets what they want, why would they not be upset when told "No."? They're like children: if dad says no, then ask mom; if mom says no, then ask dad; if both say no, ask grandma; and so on.
KCShadowDragon

Jul 27, 2005, 12:46 PM
And then the rep that doesn't do their job correctly and gives them what they want screws up. It doesn't happen and the customer then calls back to complain they didn't get what they demanded. Fate has you answer the call again and you get to explain that what they asked for can't be done.

It's a vicious cycle.
themike314

Jul 27, 2005, 12:52 PM
That, by far, is the worst type of call.
KCShadowDragon

Jul 27, 2005, 1:52 PM
I've had two of those calls today.
Vatothe0

Jul 30, 2005, 3:54 AM
"If you've been a customer for so long, shouldn't you already know we don't do this?"

or

"We've been able to provide you with the quality service you've enjoyed for so long because we keep costs down by not allowing this. If you were allowed a free phone/whatever anytime yours broke, we'd have to offer that to everyone. This would make costs skyrocket and your service would deteriorate quickly."

or

"Long time customer eh? Yes, I see you've been not paying your bill on time every month for the last 18 months. Are you still on the line? Why?"
christmaswhistler

Aug 8, 2005, 6:22 AM
I remember one guy who called last week and escalated to me becasue he wanted a free razr I spent an hour on the phone with him explaining that in August last year we gave him a free panasonic phone retail over 300 dollars, that broke and he called again in February and got a discounted Nokia with contract and now you want a free razr? 🤣
But sir you have been a customer with us for 8 months on a 40 dollar plan and we have given you over 400 dollars of free phones? 😳 so after explainig this to him he got mad said was going to verizon and hung up. 😛

2 nights later I get an escalated call again from the same guy and before I can even greet him he stated the supervisor he talked to 2 days ago said he would get a free razr and free...
(continues)
Vatothe0

Aug 8, 2005, 12:07 PM
I know someone that had a similar call a few years ago.

Guy called in complaining about his phone. She tells him we need him off the phone to troubleshoot it. He's "too busy driving truck" to stop at a payphone and gets all pissed off and hung up on her. Couple of days later the guy calls back and starts in on how he was treated by some dumb c**t the other night. Well she got the call from that same guy and waited for him to stop yelling and said, "well you got her again, and we still need you off the cell phone."

He hung up and called back a few days later from a payphone.
lil_lara

Aug 9, 2005, 12:35 PM
hey we in the stores get the same customers
I swear this one guy wants to shoot me.

He bought phone, claimed battery didn't work, my boss said "swap out the battery if it really doesnt work we will send it back beacause thats how the system works" (he only had the phone for two days) I say okay, battery swap, here you go sir, your lg 3200.
Comes back a few days later I"M GOING TO LOOSE MY JOB BLAH BLAH BLAH, umm sir..... sir... I will call customer service... they hear him screaming and go FRU FRU!
So we send him a feild replacement unit... and well- I told him KEEP ALL THE PAPERWORK. SEND PHONE BACK WITH RETURN LABEL WITHIN TEN DAYS OR YOU WILL BE CHARED THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE PHONE. he says "okay" he comes in today.. why won't ups ta...
(continues)
colione112

Aug 7, 2005, 2:50 AM
I know i'm butting in here, but i work in a store with 5 reps and 2 mgrs. We had a guy come in and ask to upgrade. (he was on month 5 of a 24 mo contract) The first rep told him no we couldn't do it, so he proceeded to ask all 5 of us individually, then ask to speak to the mgr. we got the asst mgr, and she told him the same thing. The store mgr came out and reviewed his acct. After reading the notes (we all added a note individually on his acct). She looked at him, then around at us and shook her head. She told him we couldn't do it and that wouldn't be able to do so anytime soon. He left in a bad mood and said we were screwing him because he didn't want to pay an insurance deductible.

Well he wanted a v551, which is at least 150....
(continues)
disturbed1

Jul 27, 2005, 2:45 PM
Simple my friend. Because they took responsibility and don't wanna live up to it. Therefore anyone who reminds them of the responsibility is not only wrong but rude.

Not to mention all of our customers are lawyers and we're constantly in breach of our contract with them. Nevermind that that same contract states that they agree to pay all legitimate charges associated with thier usage as well as an early termination fee if they choose to end thier service inside of the contract dates. Can't seem to remember those parts can they?
harleyd

Jul 28, 2005, 9:32 AM
How do you submit a question to this site? Does anyone have experience with a 7100 g from Cingular? Out side the US?
KCShadowDragon

Jul 28, 2005, 9:38 AM
I'd ask that question in The Cingular forum.

Or you can try the manufacturers forum.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.