Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

I MUST HAVE REVENGE!!!

Darth_Ix

Jun 16, 2005, 12:08 PM
I was just wondering what you out there do for those customers that just tick you off. I know we all have ways of messing with those very annoying customers. I personally will change the customers language pref. to spanish if they tick me off enough. This seems to be a very effective way to exact my revenge without messing with the customers account to much. SO what do you do?
cingcing

Jun 16, 2005, 2:05 PM
I have "accidentally" activated a different sim card for them. I mean it's an honest mistake when they are in your face or on the phone with you for half an hour
phreakphreak2005

Jun 18, 2005, 6:14 PM
i can certainly understand getting a little revenge although remember some stuff involving sim cards become messes others have to pick or clean up

still i can totally understand especially with those people who camp out in your store lobby
euro

Jun 18, 2005, 6:59 PM
I have programmed some customers alarm to go off everyday at 4:00am. Only under extreme circumstances. This especially works on those who don't even know how to turn their phone on. 🤣
phreakphreak2005

Jun 18, 2005, 7:06 PM
that's smart...
captainplooky

Jun 23, 2005, 7:02 AM
What do you all do to make more money sales or commission wise when you happen to feel like it?

If you all are not capable of being professional despite adversity - what keeps you from being a common thief?

I doubt much - if anything.
stolenhalo

Jun 23, 2005, 3:56 PM
About time someone spoke up...

What the hell,revenge? Weak man,frikken weak.
Can't you be happy with the fact that they are an asshole and you were adult enough not to stoop to their level and preforn some stupid childish prank? Its people like you folks who piss me off on a daily basis,the customers are stress enough,let alone cleaning up your mess's that were purposly done for your petty "revenge".I was not aware that this company hires 3 year olds...

Want my advice?Grow the hell up,or get a job somewhere that you DON'T have to think about how your actions affect others...Like politics.
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 3:27 PM
stolenhalo said:
About time someone spoke up...

What the hell,revenge? Weak man,frikken weak.
Can't you be happy with the fact that they are an asshole and you were adult enough not to stoop to their level and preforn some stupid childish prank? Its people like you folks who piss me off on a daily basis,the customers are stress enough,let alone cleaning up your mess's that were purposly done for your petty "revenge".I was not aware that this company hires 3 year olds...

Want my advice?Grow the hell up,or get a job somewhere that you DON'T have to think about how your actions affect others...Like politics.

No We're not "adult" enough. We're people with emotion and feeling just like everybody else. ...
(continues)
texaswireless

Jun 25, 2005, 4:54 PM
I have my list of people to kill (circa Billy Madison) but this is just childish.

My first post of this board focused on forsight, something of which many of you do not have.

If you do not have the emotional fortitude to handle someone being upset then you either need to learn some or move on to a different profession. Exacting revenge on a customer is immature at best.

Maybe once you're all growed up you'll get it.
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 5:23 PM
Texas, We have never quite seen eye to eye about anything in these forums but I have always respected your opinions.

You gotta relax a lil bit, sure the people who would never dream of doing a little something to anonnoy a customer is a better person than me. Probably more mature as well. There I said it. Now you guys can let us have our fun.
texaswireless

Jun 25, 2005, 5:33 PM
Have fun, vent, whatever. But don't mess with people's stuff. That is just wrong.
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 5:39 PM
Yes it is. But it feel so right! 😛
stolenhalo

Jun 25, 2005, 5:53 PM
Yeah,sure,you have a RIGHT,'cause poor little you got yelled at and can't handle it.

Cry me a river,I'll **** you a bridge and we can both get over it.

If a two year old child is screaming their head off for 20 min,does that give you the RIGHT to slam that kid into the wall?

Maybe a bad example,but the point is,the job title is Customer Service,and if you can't offer proper service to the customer,than at least have the decency not to go and frig up an account just so another rep gets stuck cleaning YOUR mess. you "think how your actions affect others and in these cases you laugh?" How about the guy whos next on the account,who has to figure out what you did,why and how you did it,then figure out how to UNdo it?Not to mention explai...
(continues)
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 6:25 PM
If it really takes you that long to figure out how to re-program an alarm clock or activate a new ICCID. Than maybe you should find another job. I am not crying about anything I am (once again) laughing my A$$ off. This time at you. If you came into my store, and talked to me (Sales Associate) I'm sure you would not have a problem with me as I'm sure you are the most polite person in the world. Even if you were rude you would recieve nothing but the best solution for your problem. It seems like the only people who a problem with me are people who have been misinformed by people like you telling customers I can do things I can't. It's cool, the new system is on the way. I hope your metrics are good.
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 7:28 PM
and another thing, your trying to make this sound like it happens all the time. It doesn't. I've been with the company for almost 2 years and I've activated the wrong ICCID on purpose twice. And Both of them came back to me the next day and I made thire phones work. One day without service is sufficiant punishment for being extremly rude. Niether one called care. Get off your high horse. Your not perfect, your probably not the most ethical person in your center. Your just defending your point because you already commited to it. Come on haven't you ever sub-inacted anyone to get to the next call? Or said you couldn't help someone with something you could cause you didn't want to help them anymore? Or even given them false information? I'm sur...
(continues)
stolenhalo

Jun 26, 2005, 6:30 PM
Okay,I'll bite...

Your right,I will say no,as I can tell you that I haven't done any of the above mentioned actions,and its not about "morality",its doing my job.And yes,maybe it doesn't happen ALL the time where you are,but here in this center its a daily ritual,finding accounts that are screwed over either technicly or finacially by some rep/salesperson/etc who is having a bad day and "just felt like it".No,I'm not perfect,that is the sort of trait that gets one nailed to a cross,but I do have a certin code of principal when it comes to doing what I'm paid to do,and expecting the same from others who do or are supposed to do the same job that I am.I didn't post this with the intent of it becoming a huge bitchfest,and I don't tell custom...
(continues)
joerhy1505

Jul 11, 2005, 9:14 AM
I see and agree with you however some cust. are just being mean and hateful for no reason and getting personal with their anger so yes i have done things like transfering to wrong dept. and i know thats wrong but sometimes they agravate me so bad ...... but it all comes with the job and you deal with it or get a new one......
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 3:43 PM
captainplooky said:
What do you all do to make more money sales or commission wise when you happen to feel like it?

If you all are not capable of being professional despite adversity - what keeps you from being a common thief?

I doubt much - if anything.

I am far from a commom thief. I'm sure you think it's an easy step from re-programming someone's phone to adding unwanted features. 🤣

As far as commission, I do just fine. I am #2 in my district fo gross ads.
repster

Jun 25, 2005, 7:15 PM
I have never done this...but, I thought it would be funny to transfer a really pissed off customer to Pizza Hut or the Movie Phone hotline...or a person that I know and am not fond of
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 7:25 PM
brilliant
repster

Jun 25, 2005, 7:33 PM
When customers are just being rediculous and asking questions that they know the answer to...just out of spite...like..."So I got a phone that don't like and I have to pay for the shipping back?"...when I already explained that they would have to pay for shipping back...I just state the answer back only in question form "You do have to pay for the shipping back?"....That usually makes my point without getting nasty...
repster

Jun 25, 2005, 7:35 PM
They get confused...and don't know how to react to an answer in question form....it really catches them off-guard
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 7:40 PM
We have an Ex-care rep in the store that says he used to sub-inact customers through another program, So their phone hung up on him
repster

Jun 25, 2005, 7:47 PM
HA!!!!....that's just as good as when I ask a customer to power their phone off and the call then disconnects....
cingcing

Jun 25, 2005, 8:01 PM
lol
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 3:55 PM
oh priceless!!!
Shayby

Jun 26, 2005, 9:21 AM
Yup that was through ATTWS. I heard a lot of stories about it, but never had a customer I would try it on. From what I hear that was a great thing to do though.
Doppelganger

Jun 29, 2005, 1:57 PM
Shayby said:
Yup that was through ATTWS. I heard a lot of stories about it, but never had a customer I would try it on. From what I hear that was a great thing to do though.

a great thing to do, yes, but completely track-a-ble. reps can get in really big trouble if they're found subinacting customers off the line like that.
aemsafd

Jun 26, 2005, 7:54 AM
I used to work at D'Angelos, a sub shop. While employeed there, a Domino's Pizza opened up. Problem was, they had the same phone number, off by only 1 digit. (672-XXXX and 673-XXXX). We would get calls all the time, asking to deliver pizzas. Most of the time they'd realize their mistake when we answered the phone by saying the name of our business, NOT the restaurant they were trying to call. However, a few dumbasses with selective hearing didn't understand that they need to learn how to dial a phone. Not wanting to be helpful, Here's how the conversations usual went:
"Thank you for calling the [location] D'Angelos. What would you like to order?"
"I'd like to get delivery"
"I'm sorry, we don't deliver."
"Domino's doesn't deliver?...
(continues)
SpArkY101

Jun 27, 2005, 3:17 PM
NICE
geminiwireless.com

Jun 27, 2005, 12:54 PM
I think it must be different for corporate stores because as a dealer if someone is verbally abusive to me or our employees we tell them to leave the store and they no longer are welcome back. If they don't leave I will pick up the phone and tell them In am calling 911, usually they leave then. If they are really bad we have a silent alarm that sends the cops guns drawn.
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 3:58 PM
NOT ME!! I'm all alone in this REALLY BIG REALLY EMPTY store. I had this guy who coudln't figure out how to scroll through his phone book. he had an lg 3200.... and then I had a nice 80 year old woman who drove from the milwaukee wisconsin area five hours up north every other week. And she got a 3200.. and figured it out just fine.. I don't get some people. But if I ever did anything to their phone, they would be in twenty minutes later I swear. I'm the only rep in the area.. they all know me by name. The worst part is when i'm out with my fiance and his daughter, and they see me. OH now its time to ask me questions! not when i'm in my office... grrrr
geminiwireless.com

Jun 30, 2005, 1:00 PM
Yeah if your in a smaller town you become some kind of psuedo phone celebrity. They all know your name but you don't know theirs.
joerhy1505

Jul 11, 2005, 9:22 AM
Dont you love going on vacation and your whole entire family who has cingular goes hey can you help me can you do this can you do that i am like we have 1-800 #'s call them lol i usually help as much as i can though
BoomBoxing

Jul 6, 2005, 2:37 PM
One time I had a lady call in who said she just got transfered to a phone sex line. Fortunately she wasn't pissed at all, in fact she thought it was hilarious. It was probably the funniest call I ever had, she even told me that would be a good idea to do to any angsty customer.

I have never had the balls to do it though.. 😈
wolfsong

Jul 10, 2005, 12:20 AM
It can actually be kind of embarrassing if you are a store sales rep and you call one of the numbers for CAS and use 800 instead of 866, I've done this several times by accident and no longer leave it on speaker phone when calling CAS, because the 800 number is actually a sex line, and it starts of with a lot of sound...
rep12345

Jul 8, 2005, 3:27 PM
I admit, customers make me so angry i'd like to remove anything they are benefitting from or change any setting on their phone- but I don't. because it's my job. I hate people that are really rude though. But I know that they probly have no real friends, because if they are willing to treat a complete stranger that they don't even know and has barely done antyhing to them like crap, they will treat everyone that way. so i just live with the satisfaction that I am normal and they are freaks. I don't mess up their accounts. I do, however, also picture them looking like huge fat ugly jabba the hutts (i talk to custs over the phone)
joerhy1505

Jul 11, 2005, 9:05 AM
I just dont under stand why we all have to create more proublems like cingular wireless doesnt have enough proublems although i do feel some of these cust. deserve something but i hate haveing to clean up some of these crappy proublems that could have been avoided if someone else had done their job i mean we all get paid to listen to ppls proublems just like ppl at mcdonalds get paid to make and serve food no job is perfect but dont make fellow employees job harder just cause you want revenge

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.