Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Have you ever

cablegirl

Sep 6, 2011, 12:42 PM
said something to a customer, and the second it left your mouth you think "Oh $%*#, I shouldn't have said that!"
Jellz

Sep 6, 2011, 1:20 PM
Yes, but I can't rightly remember an example.
soundwave

Sep 6, 2011, 1:39 PM
I once did that and was completely mortified when i did. It made me look racist, and was very uncomfortable.
cablegirl

Sep 6, 2011, 2:58 PM
Well, my customer provided me with the exact wording of the offer they were asking about, which stated that they must order ______, _______, and ______.

When they stated as such, I replied with the wording they gave. Then they said ohhhhh so the comma should be an "and"...

I replied with it clearly states....

they filled out a bad satisfaction saying if I wanted to be talked down to I would have called _____

It was terrible, but hey what can you do!
Xaphan

Sep 6, 2011, 3:01 PM
soundwave said:
I once did that and was completely mortified when i did. It made me look racist, and was very uncomfortable.

What about when the customer is the one being racist? Do you agree and go with it infact add on racist comments? Or just ignore it and continue with the sale without trying to bond with the customer? My what a dilemma..
soundwave

Sep 6, 2011, 3:16 PM
Heres the short story to better explain. I had met this customer and talked cell phones with him a couple times before, he is a middle aged black businessman. He was buying some more prepaid airtime from me. I chatted with him again and he left. This was at the start of March Madness so they had the tourney going on on the 65" tv right next to my cell kiosk. So i went over to watch and it was BYU against Gonzaga (i believe.)He came back and started watching when Gonzaga had a tall black forward who threw down a big dunk.

C: WOOOOOO.... maaaaannn. Was that BYU?

M: No, that was Gonzaga

C: Ahh, i shoulda known, BYU don't recruit the brothas like that.

M: (not knowing if i should call them brothas or not, but not enjoying the awkwa...
(continues)
Xaphan

Sep 6, 2011, 5:24 PM
soundwave said:
he is a middle aged black businessman. He was buying some more prepaid airtime from me..

Ha what kind of 'bizniz' was this lol LOOOL
soundwave

Sep 6, 2011, 6:21 PM
Im fairly certain he was legit. I knew that line would draw attention when i typed it.
Xaphan

Sep 6, 2011, 3:00 PM
Welcome to sales n00b
cablegirl

Sep 6, 2011, 3:13 PM
I've been in sales for over 15 years, but thanks!

I just normally am very aware of my wording...this one was bad though!
Xaphan

Sep 6, 2011, 5:06 PM
Sure you have

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.