Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Just had the STUPIDEST meeting ever

Admiral_Ackbar

Jun 7, 2011, 3:29 PM
So yeah.. Just had a 45 minute telephone meeting about "Hold Times"

First meeting I've been to about this since I've been hired here about 2 years ago. Why didn't this ever come up before? 🤨

Basically, the gist of the meeting was this:
They want us to cut down on our hold times and hold occurences.
However, sometimes there's times (alot of times) where we have to have the person on hold for a while.

They want us to check back with the person every 20-45 seconds, but every time we put them BACK on hold after checking back, it counts as ANOTHER hold occurence, and they don't want us having X-amount of hold occurences each month.

And if we have to transfer someone to another line, we can't put them on hold beforehand (WHIC...
(continues)
olderthandirt

Jun 7, 2011, 6:29 PM
I sometimes wonder about the manhours wasted with this sort of stuff.
Just another metric that someone came up with to justify their job and if you are on ABC pay to introduce as way to cut pay.

But what the hey, it lets us have something else to toss out here to rant about.
Required

Jun 7, 2011, 7:46 PM
🤣

Is it even legal for them do to this? I mean, making it insanely hard to do your job, that's got to be cruel and unsual.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.