Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

vzw customer care?????????

sunvzw

May 20, 2005, 8:28 PM
i have a customer that has never gone over any min...but has a bill of 1,156.51 and has a phone nuber that has been call about a thousand min this month and she dose not know the number. the fraud depo.. will not help dose anyone have any ideas for this customer? customer care is also turning her in circles.
justpeachy

May 20, 2005, 8:37 PM
Change her number?
sunvzw

May 20, 2005, 8:42 PM
i am an agent for vzw. there is nothing in this for me and the customer didnt even buy the phone from us. but i feel bad for her because she can not afford this bill she is a student. how dose she talk to cc about some sort of a credit.
kimmie117

May 22, 2005, 12:50 AM
In our company i would call that number (with customer in store) and verify that she does not know them. does anyone have access to her cell? changing her number in a case where perhaps a roommate is using her phone isnt going to work either. also perhaps train her on her security settings on her phone.
XPDX

May 23, 2005, 1:28 AM
educate regarding phone security features, and then chaeck past bills to see if the number in question had been previously dialed. if the number does not appear on any prev bills, I would advise writing to way up the accountability chain and explaining the situation the situation.
TommyBoy

May 23, 2005, 9:15 AM
The fraud dept should be taking care of it. If you are an agent then you can't look into her bill as detailed as vzw can. Have a rep look into her past bills to see if this number was called several times before like the previous post suggested. Also ask her for the phone and call the number to see if it was in her speed dial. Also check outgoing and incoming calls to see if the number is there. Cloning is very rare these days and usually if that happens the fraud dept is already monitoring the account. Our system is set up that if a phone dials a number in one spot then hangs up and another phone (cloned) dials or uses the phone in another area like perhaps 50 miles away 1 minute after the first call it automatically triggers an alert. The ...
(continues)
Vatothe0

May 24, 2005, 2:39 PM
But sometimes a bill will show that the customer made a call from two cities that are hours apart, say L.A and San Fran whithin a few minutes or an hour. It's entirely possible for that to happen if a switch is busy and needs a different one to handle the call.

Unfortunately the phone did make the calls, and the customer is responsible for the phone since it wasn't reported missing. It's an unfortunate situation but she owes the money.
texaswireless

May 21, 2005, 3:51 PM
Let me get this straight. She is getting called from some unknown caller and she keeps answering her phone no matter what?

I always feel bad when someone has a huge bill but she should have come in a bit earlier to ask for a solution. Changing her number is about the only solution available. Fraud can't help because it isn't fraud.
shayalon

May 21, 2005, 6:57 PM
They didn't say that she was receiving calls from the number. I believe they meant that her bill showed that she had placed calls to the number. If I'm not mistaken.
texaswireless

May 22, 2005, 10:37 PM
I appreciate the response but rather than additional speculation let's just get it from the source.
sunvzw

May 23, 2005, 12:03 PM
the customers boyfriend works next door to me. she is a nice girl, but customer care is not what i am good at. ie bills and hearing lies all day, but when i looked up her account on vzws web site that number had been called dialed at least 200 times, she has had an account with vzw for 9 months has a 39.99 americas choice plan has nerver used more than 300 minutes out of those months, and yes that number has been called on previous bills, she apperently called twice about that number being on her bill but it was only a few minutes those times and i guess vzw wanted to give her an extra charge to block that number, but she didnt want to pay for it because it was only a few minutes those times. now this bill is over a thousand dollars, and bet...
(continues)
texaswireless

May 23, 2005, 12:11 PM
It is highly unlikely that her phone randomly called the exact same number and stayed on the call for that period of time.

The odds are astoundingly against her.
sunvzw

May 23, 2005, 12:31 PM
sadly that is what i am thinking too.
TommyBoy

May 24, 2005, 11:10 AM
Also there is no way to block a number from calling her. She had to have fabricated that story as well. I wonder if denying all this till the day she dies has anything to do with the possibillity she may not be entirely loyal to her boyfriend 😳 . I would absolutly agree with texas and say in this case she sounds guilty. I work for vzw and can check it out depending where the number is based out of.
shayalon

May 24, 2005, 1:32 PM
"but has a bill of 1,156.51 and has a phone nuber that has been call(ed) about a thousand min this month "

I don't believe that that was speculation, it was active reading. I was just trying to be polite.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.