Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Mistake or Malevolence?

slolearner

Oct 23, 2010, 12:56 PM
So I had a customer/friend come in who I needed to call into Customer Care for. We backdated a rateplan change and removed a feature. Pretty routine stuff.

Two days later, his phone was deactivated. He called in and 611 told him that his line had been cancelled by his request. They fixed his line and waived all the fees that had piled up from cancelling/reactivating service. So that's cool.

When he came in yesterday to tell me what happened, I checked the account notes and there was a weird note saying "his fiancee" had called in and proclaimed him dead. (He's not dead, nor engaged 🙂) I say weird, because it didn't have all the same tags and info that the notes I normally see have. It was brief, and featured no call in number.

The ...
(continues)

Oct 23, 2010, 2:14 PM
Probably just a mistake.

Since all that information is logged and everyone can see who did this, wouldnt the rep risk getting in trouble for doing something like this?

I wouldnt risk it...
serendair

Oct 23, 2010, 3:00 PM
What likely happened, on an optimistic if a bit annoying note, is that the agent got hit with the whole back to back call syndrome and accidentally entered in the wrong note in the wrong account. I did that one month and nearly put myself into a panic attack about it trying to find the account again.

...of course, my sup found it amusing-ish and told me to calm down, he'd coach me on it now so that when the IRT came in, he'd be able to say it'd been taken care of. Just submit feedback on the agent and let them know they just need to be a little more careful next time.

Not all IRT's are bad things!
ZumiezEastCoast

Oct 23, 2010, 3:46 PM
my suo did that to someone swapping a device on the wrong acct 😲 . it happens.
serendair

Oct 23, 2010, 4:45 PM
It does happen indeed, it's a learning experience!

I IRT of Rage when a supervisor promises a $400 credit... and never does it. That gets me a bit miffed.
ZumiezEastCoast

Oct 23, 2010, 5:35 PM
wow i wish i could get a credit like that
serendair

Oct 23, 2010, 6:11 PM
have an agent fsck up your account and you would. =.=

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.