Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Training.

pizzas not for breakfast

Jul 23, 2010, 4:13 PM
I forgot how bad training made me want to stab myself... a long boring 9 weeks.
moeincb

Jul 23, 2010, 4:14 PM
9 weeks!!! what company?
pizzas not for breakfast

Jul 23, 2010, 4:16 PM
ATT
ecycled

Jul 23, 2010, 4:23 PM
So after 9 weeks you will literally know everything about cell phones. Heck you can pick up almost everything in about a week.

They paying you for being there? I'd say your banking.
pizzas not for breakfast

Jul 24, 2010, 9:36 PM
Yes, I'm "banking", i guess you can say. The reason why it's taking 9 week is because they teach you absolutely everything about everything

"Don't worry about most the material we go over because most of it doesn't pertain to you."

Teaching us everything that is not relevant to the job. Makes sense. I'm sure if you cut out all of it, training would take 4-5 days.
Get-A-Grip

Jul 28, 2010, 5:51 PM
Where are you located?
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jul 23, 2010, 4:26 PM
and that 1st call after training makes those 9 weeks disappear

Thank you for calling......(mute) Hey Where are we?

My Name is ...um....looks at name tag..reads it wrong upside down..How can I help you?

Customer: what kind of name is that!?
knights

Jul 23, 2010, 4:27 PM
agree ๐Ÿคฃ
Poking Pixie

Jul 26, 2010, 12:40 PM
This is what my trainer called the "windshield wiper effect." Everything just goes blank when you get that first call. ๐Ÿคฃ
dilligaff1

Jul 28, 2010, 6:12 PM
When I did outbound sales for AT&T, this one girls first call, she was reading the script which in print read like this; Hello my name is (Your Name)....... Well she read it verbatum. Hello my name is your name ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I almost fell out of my chair. LMFAO!! ๐Ÿคฃ
knights

Jul 23, 2010, 4:26 PM
9 weeks of getting paid without doing anything..! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ but 9 weeks..??? ๐Ÿ˜• isn't that long..? ๐Ÿคจ
ecycled

Jul 23, 2010, 4:29 PM
I'd use that time to get a good job. Its like getting paid to search.

I'm putting together jobs that have long training, I'm just going to hop from job to job during training periods. The first one is Doctor, that will take up 12 years, then lawyer, then call center and finally retire ๐Ÿ™‚
sinister

Jul 26, 2010, 12:16 PM
training? if you're in a call center? wait till you get out of training...you'll wish you were back ๐Ÿคฃ
wildscent

Jul 26, 2010, 1:00 PM
that's right... ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.