Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Customers with firearms???

80dollarcarcharger

Jun 30, 2010, 10:20 AM
I'm clocking in from lunch and I look to my right. A couple are discussing rate plans and cell phones with a sales rep. I happen to look down and I seen a firearm in a holster. I look at the sales rep and she doesn't look back at me. I look at the customer and he stares at me. My manager wanted me to do some stuff in the back and take some trash out so I pretty much left until the couple was gone.

But my question is, what would you do if a customer walks into your place of employment with a firearm in a holster. Would you bring attention to it by asking a question like, "are you an off duty cop". Or would you pretend it's not there if he isn't using?
Vosberg1

Jun 30, 2010, 11:00 AM
What state you in?
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 30, 2010, 1:45 PM
Ohio
wdfichtel

Jul 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
perfectly legal then, so long as they're licensed.

O-H!
alee

Jul 1, 2010, 1:09 PM
I-O! 😁
retrocool

Jun 30, 2010, 11:02 AM
I would just assume he's licensed to carry openly, probably a P.I., and get back to selling phones.
Vosberg1

Jun 30, 2010, 11:04 AM
There are states that are open carry states, where you do not need to have a licence to carry non-conceled. If you have questions, go to handgunlaw.us
famoussasjohn

Jun 30, 2010, 11:30 AM
wish i could walk anywhere i wanted with my gun on my hip, no need to be scared just sell him a phone and 10% off accessories 🤣
deepc

Jun 30, 2010, 12:33 PM
Actually, many people carry a concealed weapons license and it's not a big deal. Just keep going about your business unless you see spittle drooling from the corner of his mouth and notice that his eyes are crossed and he's sweating a lot 🙂
ecycled

Jun 30, 2010, 2:30 PM
Do they have turbin on? I kid, I kid.

Seriously, in our redneck town here in tx thats not unusual, most of us including me carry a rifle or shotgun on a gun rack in our truck windows. Technically thats against the state law but the cops don't bother us. Its come in handy a few times around the ranch. Stupid coyotes botherin the cows.
Ask The Shack

Jul 1, 2010, 7:48 AM
Your blind fear is unfounded.

Unless the guy puts on a ski mask, you don't need to worry.

In OH, you don't need a licence to open carry a firarm.
cellboothmgr

Jul 1, 2010, 7:37 PM
i would ask him what model it was. then show him the one i was carrying for the day. no better way to close a gun enthusiast.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.