Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

I would like to share an epiphany

ecycled

Jun 28, 2010, 11:50 AM
I had this break through a few Christmas' ago. It happened to me where I answered the question why do people get mad at electronics.

Fear (also they get mad at themselves for not knowing but thats another story)

I purchased a brand new xbox 360 elite, a very expensive purchase in my opinion. When I took it home I immeadiately sat down and began to read the manual. I then had a thought, why when I was 10 years old could I just pull out my NES and plug it in and start playing? What changed? The answer was because I was scared I was going to break my new expensive toy. Once I realized this, I pulled out the xbox and plugged it in and began playing.

I tell customers not to be afraid of their new device. I hope this helps some of you out...
(continues)
famoussasjohn

Jun 28, 2010, 11:57 AM
lol I used to be the same way and would read over things before, now i just tear open the packaging and get to work 🙂
Da_Bonehead

Jun 28, 2010, 2:17 PM
I encourage people to play and experiment with their devices, however I encourage that they read their manual as well. most want you to show them everything about their device, from a to z. basically go through the manual in its entirety so they don't have to go through it, and then they want you to write down what you told them. when the request that I write down what I told them I say with a smile, "I anticipated your request and had the phone manufature do that for you" as I hand them the manual. lol
ecycled

Jun 28, 2010, 2:47 PM
ah thats brilliant, I'm going to start doing that
This_Troper

Jun 28, 2010, 3:11 PM
That's true. That's why my first troubleshooting step is to blow in the contacts before inserting the SIM. If that doesn't work, lick the contacts, blow on it again, and slightly push down on it while inserting.
DEATH

Jun 29, 2010, 9:52 AM
man..
This_Troper

Jun 29, 2010, 1:14 PM
Somebody never owned an NES, I see.
DEATH

Jun 29, 2010, 1:16 PM
but I never licked em.. Cotton swab + isopropyl= Always did the trick...
This_Troper

Jun 29, 2010, 1:25 PM
My dad forbade us to use the isopropyl because we never but it back, and spilled it. SO, it was time for adapting to the tools at hand- or tongue, as the case may be.
Mrs.unstoppable832

Jun 30, 2010, 10:20 AM
This_Troper said:
lick the contacts, blow on it again, and slightly push down on it while inserting.

*snickering* That sounds really nasty 😁
iljaaf21

Jun 29, 2010, 9:48 AM
Another good trick, when a customer is stupid and you want to smash something, just say to yourself in the back of your head 'I hate you Mr./Ms. Customer.' A friend shared this with me, and it honestly helps sometimes. Just don't actually tell the customer you hate them.
wildscent

Jun 29, 2010, 10:27 AM
i think this will work 🙂
thanks! 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.