Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 38 replies

If you have a problem with a store rep...

80dollarcarcharger

Jun 20, 2010, 9:57 AM
Take a look at yourself first. We have the customer in front of us. We are held accountable by people who have access to our place of work and the surrounding area. You can hang up on a call or give bad advice and you won't get in trouble for it. You have the freedom to pick and choose your battles, we don't. If we make a mistake, the customer knows our name. Not an agent ID, which I have seen I was given the wrong one by customer care reps.

1. Stop asking us if we can do it on our system. I would never call in to do something I can do on my end and have to deal with nonsense. Keep in mind that our system is limited compared to yours. It would cost the company millions to match the capabilities that you have.

2. Realize that we can't ...
(continues)
bobrings

Jun 20, 2010, 10:47 AM
lmao...welcome to the world of cell phones, sounds like you are stressed to the max....yes i understand fully that store reps have to deal with customer face to face and not all of you are bad...however...i went into a store and was gonna get cell service and there were four people sitting behind the counter, when i walked in no one wanted to help, i asked for a credit app, had one slammed down on the counter, and when they saw i could not get approved i was ignored once again, ok so your not even gonna try and sell me a go phone, when i went next door to sprint, they were polite as pie offered me a go phone, told me how i can get my credit better. So not saying every store agent is like that, just if your gonna point fingers at call center ...
(continues)
sinister

Jun 20, 2010, 10:51 AM
blah blah....blah blah blah blah.... whatever ๐Ÿ™„ takin it a lil personally are we? what? you can bash call center reps in previous threads but can't handle it when someone else gives it in turn?

hypocrite ๐Ÿ˜ณ
bobrings

Jun 20, 2010, 11:55 AM
I think its kinda funny.....its easier to vent over the computer...cry,cry,cry....wah,wah,wah...im a store rep feel bad for me...no one else does there job but me....dude if you cant handle it get out of the business, i know its tough, but we all deal with it....your not special, theres good and bad in all jobs, deal with it do the best you can, and stop crying.
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 21, 2010, 8:38 AM
everyone is a hypocrite at one point or another, its called being human. All I asked was before you talk about store reps, just take some things into consideration. I don't take it personally, the customers give me more grief than any care rep could. If that wouldn't make me quit/perform poorly, then a care rep wouldn't. Just wanted to defend store reps because I've seen several threads bashing them, that was all. I do enjoy your posts sinister and i'm glad you responded, thanks
sinister

Jun 21, 2010, 11:20 AM
oh no...flattery will get you no where on this one. you frequently come in here starting threads where you're either bashin or makin fun of call center reps with absolutely no consideration for those people whatsoever. so do like the rest of us & step in line & respond in turn with the same hostility as the rest of us & suck it up. ๐Ÿ˜
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
flattery? I was being serious. And you use the word frequent, can you define what your perception of frequent is? I've only started this one thread bashing call reps. I've made several other threads commenting but they didn't consist of bashing.

1. I wonder what its like to work at a call center
2. Call center girls sound hot, are they really hot.
3. Some customer care guy asked me to say a name that I spelled out.

Those are three examples of my posts that didn't consist of any bashing. Now unless you can name 3 or more times that I have bashed besides the thread we are in now, then your accusations are false.
sweetcherrygurl

Jun 20, 2010, 4:09 PM
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคค

*APPLAUSE*
bobrings

Jun 20, 2010, 5:00 PM
thank you sweet...
sweetcherrygurl

Jun 20, 2010, 5:57 PM
bobrings said:
thank you sweet...

sorry.... ๐Ÿ˜ณ i actually meant the original post LOL

but yours is good too.

especially because i, for one, am LEAVING THE INDUSTRY!!!! as of wednesday i will be employed elsewhere.

no more dealing with stupid customers with worse questions ๐Ÿ˜ฒD
bobrings

Jun 20, 2010, 7:14 PM
i am jelous i wish i was going....dang it..u will be missed.
smazi

Jun 20, 2010, 6:57 PM
Thanks store person. I always try to help out store reps despite having been told "tell them to call sales support." So I may have been part of the enabling problem, but I genuinely like to be helpful.

I'm always hearing customers bash the store reps, so perhaps it's easy to get the impression that stores are bad. But then customers seldom tell you when things are great. They either need help or want to complain.

I'd love to get a call where a customer says "my service is great, I love my phone, and I think all you guys are wonderful." Never gonna happen... sigh.
sprintchickwv

Jun 20, 2010, 7:02 PM
The "you guys are great, I love my phone" calls make me ๐Ÿ˜ all day when I get them.
ochne

Jun 20, 2010, 7:29 PM
I get the "The store and call reps are great, the phone is great, but the price and service sucks. When is [service provider] going to actually give good service?"

Or the "You guys are all nice but [service provider] keeps putting bogus charges on my and YOU need to fix it."
Downtime24

Jun 20, 2010, 9:55 PM
This is the first store rep that actually makes sence when it comes to the care/store battle lol, as much as we do get on store reps nerves and it works visa versa, this 1 actually makes sence w/o making either party look stupid.

High Respect points to 80dollarcarcharger
๐Ÿ˜
Vosberg1

Jun 21, 2010, 10:34 AM
Well, here are my feelings:

1. A company is a team, and needs to be able to work together as such. From a Call Center Rep point of veiw, the number one problem that i have is store reps give the good ones a bad name. I have been frustrated with many on the ones that have called in, cause, under most circumstances, they ask us to do things that we cannot do. But, also, i do realize that there are many good reps that either do not have to call in, or get over looked when they call in.

2. A company is ever changing, and needs to be able to adapt. From the store reps that give the others a bad name, they break current P&P. Up training, and notifications need to be done from managers, and reps need to keep a tracker from call centers and st...
(continues)
sinister

Jun 21, 2010, 11:27 AM
are you kiddin me? work together as a team? last store rep i was on the phone with released a call center reps agent ID to the CUSTOMER while i was tryin to help the dude with an issue!! i don't even stoop that low if a store rep caused the error! how is that even remotely close to teamwork? we get paid with those codes...yeah LET'S JUST GIVE THAT INFO TO THE CUSTOMER!!

store reps? patooey!! they're in it for the commish!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Researcher

Jun 21, 2010, 12:29 PM
That all industry sales people have the same running commentary.

So all of us who complain about our customers as stupid and what ever, we all shop other places. We all spend money in other places and with other people. Those people complain about us for being the same stupid idiots.

Remember your words when you walk into a store, ask customer service or call a help desk. And mostly when we feel that we have been screwed and or money taken.
bobrings

Jun 21, 2010, 1:33 PM
once again cry,cry,cry....wah,wah,wah...im a store rep feel bad for me...no one else does there job but me....dude if you cant handle it get out of the business, i know its tough, but we all deal with it....your not special, theres good and bad in all jobs, deal with it do the best you can, and stop crying.
Researcher

Jun 21, 2010, 3:14 PM
Do not be an @ss. I have been in retail and marketing for 18 or so years. Just stating that when comments are posted here about customers being stupid or what ever, when we go shopping we make the same errors, comments or related.
sinister

Jun 21, 2010, 3:41 PM
touchy touchy ๐Ÿคฃ
bobrings

Jun 21, 2010, 5:13 PM
wow you can tell that someone has made boo boos in the past...listen dude some people know there jobs, like you and me, and others dont(center reps, and store reps) but when you get on here and just bash one type of person than you open yourself up for comments, dont like it, dont read it...your choice, i read it and choose to comment
sinister

Jun 21, 2010, 1:55 PM
i don't have to...i'm not a whinebag i don't complain..except about store reps thanx ๐Ÿ˜
bobrings

Jun 21, 2010, 2:51 PM
what????
wildscent

Jun 21, 2010, 3:32 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
IgotStax

Jun 21, 2010, 3:47 PM
1. we have QA which monitors are calls and we also have a system that monitors when we disconnect a call or hang up on a customer so if we do any of the above its called zero tollerance and we will be fired.

2. not all customer service reps are perfect jsut as you store reps are not perfect, our call center does random customer surveys and one of the questions is did the rep resolve your issue, if the customer says no then our pay goes down and we can lose our bonus because of it.

3. the customer can also call back and make a complaint with a sup who can pull the ban access log and see who the rep was the cusotmer talked to then they can submitt an irt ticket on that agents which can result back to a zero tollerance.
sinister

Jun 21, 2010, 3:50 PM
yeah...what he/she said ๐Ÿคฃ
bobrings

Jun 21, 2010, 4:49 PM
OK NOW I DO HAVE A PROBLME WITH A STORE REP...CUSTOMER JUST CALLED AND ALL HER DAUGHTER DID WAS WANT AN UPGRADE....SO WHAT DOES THIS DUMB@SS DO, MOVES HER OUT OF HER FAMILY TALK PLAN WITH HER FAMILY, PUTS EVERYTHING PPU. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS A SIMPLE UPGRADE, JUST CHANGE THE IMEI AND COLLECT THE MONEY...IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT FIND SOMEONE WHO DOES, THANKS @SS, SO NOW I MOVED HER BACK IN....AND SHE IS GONNA HAVE PRORATED CHARGES AS WELL AS US HAVING TO CREDIT BACK THE 200 TEXTS THAT IS OVERAGE, BECAUSE A STORE REP CANT DO THERE JOB....YOU MR./MRS. STORE PERSON SHOULD HAVE TO SHOVEL CRAP ON A PIG FARM THE REST OR YOUR LIFE. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Researcher

Jun 21, 2010, 5:57 PM
๐Ÿ™„
AtlanticChad

Jun 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
I feel your pain. I've seen some pretty awful side effects to changing the plan for a higher commission. I'm on the retail side of things. I've seen people get double billed for months because during an upgrade a store rep somehow created 2 Family talks instead of leaving the rate plan alone and just doing the upgrade. (That took a hude credit to get fixed). And I spent 45 mins on the phone with 2 care reps because someone did an exception upgrade on the primary line instead of the line that was using the phone to get a feature that could only be added within 30 days of the upgrade on the line using the phone. To me you just do the job right the first time and let the commission fall where it does. Manipulating accounts for better com...
(continues)
iljaaf21

Jun 23, 2010, 1:54 PM
Not only does that cause headaches, but screws the customer in the longrun. People just need to do their job right the first time or go home. If you really want more money that badly, go deal crack. I hear it's a good line of work. And the customers are even dumber! ๐Ÿ˜
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 23, 2010, 1:37 PM
and we have zero tolerance for reps giving misinformation but we see how that works out now don't we.
sinister

Jun 23, 2010, 2:21 PM
wait you have zero tolerance for store reps givin misinformation? really? cause you guys seem to do it alot with no accountability....we give misinformation? (if it's documented that is) we get called on it...heck even if it isn't documented we get called on it cause our calls are screen captured & recorded!

so what reps do you not have tolerance for? cause i can't stand store reps that give misformation..if it's indirect, absolutely NO accountability..if it's cor? meh...they're untouchable ๐Ÿคจ
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 23, 2010, 3:08 PM
no clue about indirect, never worked with them. I have always been with a corporate store, here at T-Mobile and at Sprint.

And your argument goes both ways so we can sit here forever going back and forth or we can just realize the reality of it. Store reps are rude at times and care reps don't care at times.

I've been in wireless for two years now so I have stories of bad experiences as i'm sure you have stories of bad experiences as well. I wanted to defend store reps and thats what I did with the thread. We can continue this trend forever if you'd like but saying the same thing over and over again is only proving...... what it is again? ๐Ÿคจ
bobrings

Jun 23, 2010, 3:26 PM
i think the point sin was trying to make is we are held accountable, becuase of being monatored with screen capture..so when we get caught we can lose our jobs, where you guys in the stores dont have any accountablitity...i think thats all they were trying to say.
sinister

Jun 23, 2010, 3:33 PM
i'm sayin much more of course but you can't explain that to guys like this bob...seriously, it's one of those i gotta get the last word in individuals

BUT..i do have to correct him on one point..as much as i womp womp womp on phonescoop about this & that...i truely...don't...care.

end of the day? i don't care!

customers? truely? i could care less about you!

seriously, i think cell phone customers are the most ridiculous individuals in existence...it's a stupid phone...air? air you need! food? food you need! a place to sleep? clothes on your back? need! need!

A CELL PHONE YOU DO NOT NEED!

end of story..that's all she wrote ๐Ÿ˜
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 23, 2010, 3:42 PM
"guys like this" ??? You have typed immature comments over the course of several posts. I haven't bad mouthed you at all and I even gave you props on some of your other posts. My point was that some care reps don't care and you just admitted to being one so yes you are right, this is over. So you corrected me on what? Absolutely nothing AGAIN.

Grow up. And if your job makes you that sad, maybe you should look into a different job within the company or elsewhere.

I have no problem with you, you just keep talking about a bunch of nothing and I'm responding to it. But this will be my last post on the matter. Good day
sinister

Jun 23, 2010, 3:59 PM
awww poor puddin...did i hurt your feelins..read your own hypocritic statement sonny boy...you respond in turn to previous posts about cust care reps & even start your own thread...then someone starts a thread complainin about store reps & you get butt hurt

take your own advice honey & grow up yaself...cause i already know im a crazy, immature mofo...i entertain myself at your expense...so keep postin, you entertain me ๐Ÿ˜
sinister

Jun 23, 2010, 4:01 PM
by the way bob...i got a segment with an hour and a half left to go woooooooooooooot woot ๐Ÿ˜

gettin the alize out, pullin out the bones & enjoyin my two days off...80dollar? you're even welcome to come ๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.