Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

i1 wtf?

smazi

Jun 8, 2010, 8:13 AM
I'd swear I saw a memo saying the Motorola i1 was being released 6/6, so that's what I told customers. Then I was gone for a day and came back and nothing about the i1. It's not even on the website. Anyone know what's up with that? Or did my old age kick in and mess me up...
moeincb

Jun 8, 2010, 10:51 AM
yep...your are right...release was announced for 6/6 and there has been no notice on why it was not released โ˜น๏ธ c'mon sprint we need to know!
smazi

Jun 8, 2010, 11:44 AM
Glad to know I wasn't totally losing my mind ๐Ÿ™‚ It's quite possible at ACS lol. But yeah, customers will want to know what's up with the i1.
CustomersAreRubbish

Jun 8, 2010, 3:35 PM
Boost and SouthernLinc have it now. If you really, really need an i1 -- and why -- Zod why would you -- it's been available since early June.
smazi

Jun 8, 2010, 5:56 PM
Not me, no. But Nextel customers have been asking about them.
IgotStax

Jun 8, 2010, 6:16 PM
the new release day is set for july for nextel. amazing how pre paid boost gets it first that should help stop the post paid nextel cusotmer from switching to boost for the best phone available on iden right???
smazi

Jun 8, 2010, 6:37 PM
Yeah that's kinda dumb of Nextel. Great for Boost. Whatever. It's all one big happy family.. lol
Amarantamin

Jun 8, 2010, 7:14 PM
It was originally going to be available for Direct Ship on 06/06 and then in all channels on 07/06, but they changed that so it wouldn't compete with the Evo (what a joke, right?)

Release date for all channels is 06/27.
kittie

Jun 15, 2010, 1:53 PM
June 14, 2010 Telesales & Operations News: All Agents: Device launch date changes. The Motorola i1 is now launching on July 11

It's weird we don't get calls about this phone, not even a single inquiry for me. I find it odd because if I have nextel I would definitely be interested in this very first Android device from nextel, with touchscreen, good camera and rugged features all in one phone... It seems to be unnoticed or are the nextel customers not yet aware? Hmmmm.
Amarantamin

Jun 15, 2010, 1:59 PM
Why do we even have a device launch calendar if it keeps changing? ๐Ÿคจ
kittie

Jun 15, 2010, 2:00 PM
I'm wondering the same thing, dude. ๐Ÿ˜ก
rainbow_metals

Jun 15, 2010, 2:17 PM
i goes unnotices because there is no advertisement for it or anything, there was a whole website dedicated to the evo before it came out and nothing to be seen about the i1, i call it the idroid. i do hate when they change that but thats how it rolls.
Amarantamin

Jun 15, 2010, 2:19 PM
Heh, because secretly they don't want the i1 to sell, Nextel is just under a contract with Motorola so they have to sell the darn thing. I think Sprint knows it will be a call driver like the 8350i if it gets big.
kittie

Jun 15, 2010, 3:06 PM
Oh well you have a point there.

I'm just wondering why but I'm actually thankful that there's no big fuss about it, unlike the Evo..it saves me from getting irritating calls asking about it. Ohh wait, Boost mobile has it already..but I still feel like it doesn't exist... ๐Ÿ™‚

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.