Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

The Stasi didn't go away, they just moved to call centers.

CustomersAreRubbish

May 10, 2010, 7:58 PM
So we just had a guy taking pictures of people's desks that had food or beverage on it. Apparently it'll be used to write people up.

Freaking disgusting.

If you treat your employees like this, what does that say about you as an employer? Do you feel any shame packing a DSLR around and taking pictures of people working?

So sick of this place.
This_Troper

May 10, 2010, 8:10 PM
Until now, I thought we worked in the same place. Didn't notice anything like that by me...
CustomersAreRubbish

May 10, 2010, 8:20 PM
If you're in Oregon and doing a certain CDMA+IDEN carrier, we very well may be in the same place. Depends on if you're on the coast or on the Gorge.
This_Troper

May 10, 2010, 8:30 PM
I work in a Very Windy site.
CustomersAreRubbish

May 10, 2010, 8:32 PM
It gets Pretty Windy over here. Might be the same one. If it only takes 10 minutes to drive to Washington State we're at the same place 🙂
This_Troper

May 10, 2010, 9:47 PM
Indeed, And I reckon I know who you are. Probably.
CustomersAreRubbish

May 10, 2010, 11:21 PM
If you've recently enjoyed Denny's deserts with a co-worker, you probably do.
Amarantamin

May 10, 2010, 9:09 PM
Hrm, I thought we worked at the same place. They allow us to have drinks here, and snacks if we're not eating during a call.
This_Troper

May 10, 2010, 9:48 PM
You, however, are SUPER SECRET to me...
Amarantamin

May 10, 2010, 9:50 PM
I'm... huh? What now?

Are you around here somewhere?! 👀
This_Troper

May 10, 2010, 9:54 PM
Possible. Can you skip rocks into Washington?
Amarantamin

May 10, 2010, 10:05 PM
Nope, not that close. This is a very windy coastal town. 😉
CustomersAreRubbish

May 10, 2010, 10:42 PM
Hi there, I know where you're at, not the same place I'm at.

I did grow up about 20 minutes south of you though 🙂
ShoopDaWoop

May 11, 2010, 11:55 AM
I believe I'm also in the same place as you both, perhaps.
This_Troper

May 11, 2010, 3:13 PM
You, sir, I know. Not a shadow of a doubt.
ShoopDaWoop

May 11, 2010, 5:20 PM
And how do I know you?
dilligaff1

May 12, 2010, 12:39 PM
At my Call Center, we have full blown lunch, pot lucks right at our terminals, even in calls. Even have a Ping Pong table on the floor!!! I ahvin' Chinese right now. OOP got 2 take a call. Chomp Chomp!
CustomersAreRubbish

May 12, 2010, 6:42 PM
I want to be at your call center. Mine's crap.
ochne

May 12, 2010, 12:45 PM
glad I missed it. it would have made me say or do something really stupid.....but it would have been fun to do at the time.
CustomersAreRubbish

May 12, 2010, 6:42 PM
Just reminds me that all I can expect from these bozos is the least that the law requires and even that's subject to change.
Amarantamin

May 12, 2010, 8:08 PM
Doesn't the CPNI (I think that's the acronym) make it against regulation to use cameras on the callcenter floor for the potential purpose of stealing valuable customer or company information?

I would argue that they are likely using the food/drink excuse to steal customer's banking information. Dunno about your center, but our Operations Managers would have a fit.
ochne

May 12, 2010, 9:37 PM
I know the OM here....at least one of them anyway, wouldn't care because it would give an excuse to right people up. But hey....could be worse....could be sentenced to life here.
ochne

May 12, 2010, 9:38 PM
😳 👀 sorry...write people up even.....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.