Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 54 replies

What's the most frequent dumb question or statement you hear?

madmatg

May 8, 2010, 4:15 PM
Mine is definitely
So when it says this data plan is required does that mean I have to get it?

soemtimes they even say the dumbest statement of all...

When it says requires data pack does that mean it's required to have the data pack?

I hear this at least 10 times a day on my chats.
rlpinca

May 8, 2010, 4:45 PM
"I've been a customer for......."

Yup, I care. It's not like I can go to walmart and cut to the front of the line cause I've been shopping there for 20 years.

A second for the requirements, "So when you say I HAVE TO HAVE this MANDATORY REQUIREMENT, does that mean I HAVE TO HAVE IT"?

Holy crap, how many ways can I say the same thing?

"My IPhone broke, I just dropped it a few feet and it broke. It's a piece of junk, they should have made it tougher"

You know it's an expensive, delicate and complicated piece of electronic equipment. Take care of the damn thing and don't drop it!!!! And if you do drop it, just take it as bad luck and don't expect some poor guy sitting in a call center to jump through hoops for you.
madmatg

May 8, 2010, 4:52 PM
haha yeh or get a stupid case!!! Do you get people that say "Verizon doesn't charge a data plan" or "Verizon is cheaper" I get that sometimes from AT&T customers saying "AT&T doesn't require data on an iphone"... and I'm like yess actually they do, cause I have an iphone and I work for Verizon haha
rlpinca

May 8, 2010, 4:57 PM
I hear it from time to time. Really my biggest competition is our own website. I can rebuttal against verizon, sprint, and T mobile, but I lose all kinds of sales to att.com.
madmatg

May 8, 2010, 5:03 PM
haha yeh always better pricing online
crazybutlovable

May 8, 2010, 5:20 PM
Ok the dumbest thing i have heard is...prepare for it.....lol

a guy calls in complaining that his bill was so high and we wanted to change his rate plan. I ask him what rate plan did he think that would suit him, and he tells me T-Mobile Even More Plus plan(something like that) I informed him that I can not add that due to he is not calling tmobile..lol he seriously asked me why. told him that YOU ARE CALLING ATT.....NOT T MOBILE.lol then he was like oh. i thought you can add other carriers plans. lol i was speechless
madmatg

May 8, 2010, 5:23 PM
wowwwwwwwww
crazybutlovable

May 8, 2010, 5:27 PM
customer tend to surprise me every single day of my call center life.lol
bobrings

May 15, 2010, 9:30 AM
😲 😳 HERES YOUR SIGN 😲 😳
retrocool

May 8, 2010, 5:43 PM
Yeah, just like you can order a Big Mac at Burger King. Same difference.
ommsddgw

May 8, 2010, 5:10 PM
Customer walks into the store, phone displays all around, "Do you actually sell phones here?"

"Can I pay my Sprint bill here?" (AT&T globe clearly visible above the door and on the door)

(picks up aircard) "Is this a phone?"

πŸ™„
madmatg

May 8, 2010, 5:20 PM
rofl at air card
justfinethanku

May 11, 2010, 12:11 PM
Haha, I get that all the time with the Air Card "is this a Phone" or better yet; "How do you dial with this thing?"
qualityrocker

May 12, 2010, 7:28 AM
LMAO!
retrocool

May 8, 2010, 5:14 PM
No joke. I've been asked this at least twice.
madmatg

May 8, 2010, 5:18 PM
😲 🀣 😳
KriisCDW

May 9, 2010, 9:05 AM
compared to some of the other questions, I can understand this one...

Most plans have fees and taxes... so often $50 turns into $60.
OldPhone

May 13, 2010, 2:40 PM
Then customers should know what their local tax rates are and do the math.
SprintCC

May 14, 2010, 3:16 PM
It is more than just knowing the local tax rate. It is univeral services fee, 911 fee, administrative fee, and several other fees depending on the place they happen to live. If I didn't have the tool I wouldn't be able to tell you what it would cost where I live.

Telling a customer how much a plan would cost is really a part of the job.
rlpinca

May 8, 2010, 6:44 PM
Here's a new one. I just heard one of my co workers(ha, like she does anything) explaining to someone what the pound key is on their phone.

I heard "it's that button that looks like a tic toe symbol"
madmatg

May 8, 2010, 6:53 PM
Haha that's a good description I'll have to use it
wompwomp

May 8, 2010, 6:49 PM
i hate the "YOU" directed chats.

"why do you require the data plan?"

instant pet peeve.
ochne

May 8, 2010, 7:32 PM
Me: If I could get the PIN to access your account please?
Cust: Is that a number?
----
Me: If I could get the PIN to access your account please?
Cust: It's my dog's name.
----
Cust: I only agreed to pay for my price plan, I never agreed to pay taxes or surcharges so you need to credit those
----
Cust: I never agreed to have data on my phone, you need to remove those charges since I never agree to pay for them.
madmatg

May 8, 2010, 8:01 PM
o my stupid data stuff!
bobrings

May 16, 2010, 9:00 AM
with the taxes i had that same call... i told them to call there senator....they asked if i knew his number..i told them i did not..and they said "well how am i suppose to know it then?" 😲 😳 πŸ™„ πŸ‘€
IrishCarBomb

May 9, 2010, 11:41 AM
What do you mean I have to sign a contract to get the two year contract price?

Why is it that much if it is only a penny with a contract?

Got any deals? (seriously people! This is the most annoying question ever, since it is 99.9% of the time someone 6 months into a contract, or on pre-paid, wanting a good deal on a new phone since they already trashed the one they have. And like ALWAYS, we have the exact same deals going on as usual... if you sign or renew a contract, you get a deal on a phone!)
IrishCarBomb

May 9, 2010, 11:50 AM
It doesn't say I only have 3 days to return this accessory...

Actually, it does right there, and besides, where does it say you can return it a month later, after you used that entire time, just because all of a sudden you need an extra $20 to get a dub sack.

It doesn't turn on anymore, fix it...

Well, you have water damage, your charger port is broken, and this isn't even the correct battery for your phone.

It doesn't make phone calls anymore...

Well, you haven't paid your bill in 3 months.

It doesn't say a 2yr would need a deposit...

It also doesn't say we let people with a 350 credit score get on phone for .01 on the basis they will pay their bill every month for the next 24 months. Which clearly, you have had issue...
(continues)
qualityrocker

May 12, 2010, 8:51 AM
🀣
madmatg

May 9, 2010, 2:09 PM
I also get, "oh I can't pay with a check through my online account"??

"Yes sir/maam just stick the check into your CD drive and it will send it to me"...
wompwomp

May 9, 2010, 2:17 PM
custy: will it be billed to me cause that would the best for everyone

me: Unfortunately no, you'd have to pay for the phones upon starting services.

custy: all of them?

nah, pay for one today.
sinister

May 9, 2010, 2:32 PM
lol...what he meant to say was:

i don't want to have to pay for all of them today, so you bill me for it, then i'll never pay my bill & i get 5 free phones..works out for everyone see? ok well mainly me 🀣
wompwomp

May 9, 2010, 2:39 PM
pretty much!
kendrat

May 9, 2010, 3:54 PM
What I really like is when they go? "Hey can I pay with cash to place my order?" 😲 😳

ME: Ma'am/Sir do you mean online today?

Customer: Yes. πŸ™‚

Answer.. Unfortunately, at this current time there is not a way to pay with cash at your computer. There would not be anywhere on the computer for you to place it in so it would take it. But you can use a credit card if you like and put that info in. πŸ‘€
😳

In my head I am thinking Really??? Really? What I wanted to say was yes. Open the cd drive there and stick the money in there and close it up. With the change also if you are using change and it will take it for you. 🀣 😈
Amarantamin

May 9, 2010, 8:06 PM
"Please, fax us your money and it will be accepted for online purchases."

😁
Poking Pixie

May 10, 2010, 2:41 PM
You want an iPhone? Suuuuuure. Make the check for a thousand dollars payable to me and I'll go get you an iPhone and ship it to you. πŸ˜‰ πŸ™„ πŸ™„
kajira

May 10, 2010, 1:53 PM
Thats just simply not possible. I don't talk that much on my phone.

Me: Sorry but the charges are valid!
justfinethanku

May 11, 2010, 12:24 PM
Haha, yeah,

"I only talk to my mom on my cell phone, and my boyfriend I couldn't have possibly gone over on minutes"

me: how often do you talk to them?

"about an hour or two every day"
Poking Pixie

May 10, 2010, 2:54 PM
Cust: So....how much is my bill going to be if I buy an iPhone and add this 30.00 a month data plan?

Me: πŸ™„ Well, why don't you take what you're currently paying, add 30.00, plus whatever you think is appropriate for the tax in your area, and now you have your answer, you moron.
crazybutlovable

May 10, 2010, 2:59 PM
OMG i hate that or what would my monthly charge would be if i removed the data plan. ummmmmmmm 😳 🀣
Downtime24

May 10, 2010, 3:05 PM
🀣
sinister

May 10, 2010, 3:08 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣
madmatg

May 10, 2010, 5:17 PM
their invading our forumsssss!!! 😲 😲 😳
friarrush

May 10, 2010, 5:10 PM
Is the required data feature required?

Based on how they word it.....
they have full understanding what the word means.
ruler_goddess

May 10, 2010, 5:28 PM
Most frequent one when I void a warranty.

Me:Well this is physical\liquid damage and that does void out the warranty.

Cx; but you dont understand I never dropped the phone or got it wet this happend before I ever dropped it.

Me: Regardless of the issue your having with your phone the phone still has physical\liquid damage and the only thing I can do is file a claim.

Cx: God have you been listening to a word I said you must be stupid.
Sigma1570

May 10, 2010, 6:08 PM
Does the unlimited calling and txt plan for $60 include internet?

Me- Can I get your zip code?
Cust- Gives area code.
Me- No...I need your zip code
Cust- Gives area code again.
justfinethanku

May 11, 2010, 12:17 PM
Customer: Oh man, I paid 100.00 for my phone

Me: really, where did you get it?

Customer: here, about a year ago...

Me: I'm sorry, you can't get it for the new price

Customer: But I've had this company for 700 years, I can't believe you would drop the price of a phone like that and not give it to me for free!

Me: go to hell
wompwomp

May 11, 2010, 12:23 PM
let me waive my wand for you and make the policies change, just for you................... sigh πŸ™„
wompwomp

May 11, 2010, 12:24 PM
wave*...... oops.
Researcher

May 11, 2010, 12:43 PM
The worst is" No one ever told me"?
qualityrocker

May 12, 2010, 7:04 AM
My fave is, "What is data access, is that internet?", or "what is this mobile download?", or "what is this $36 service restoral fee? My service was never suspended", or I also like, "my 10 month old baby must have got a hold of my phone and downloaded this game"!!! Yah,,,and Im mother effing teresa!
ochne

May 12, 2010, 9:30 PM
Me: If I could get the wireless number you're calling about today please?

Cust: Margaret Davis.
friarrush

May 13, 2010, 4:05 PM
Why is it asking me for a deposit and why cant I bill this to my account.
( Yes asked at the same time. )

Possibly because you cant seem to pay your bills on time and we dont want to get stuck with a bill.
Seroisly......If you dont have good credit, wouldnt you have some kind of idea that you just MIGHT have to pay a deposit
friarrush

May 13, 2010, 6:53 PM
That does this mean " amount due today"?
Fredd

May 14, 2010, 3:58 PM
Lately it is becoming "No, we cannot move your iPad on to your corporate account". There seems to be something about a device that corporate geeks with too much money cannot understand about pre-paid ONLY... πŸ˜•
bobrings

May 16, 2010, 10:37 AM
ok heres one:

Thank you for calling today how may i help you

Cus:i got a notification that someone changed my online password.

Me: ok let me look at the notes....ok yep someone did change the password via the online account.

Cust😲h that was me..i did it when i payed my bill

πŸ‘€ 😲 😳 πŸ™„

Me: ok so is there anything else i can help you with?

Cust: Nope just wanted to know who changed my password 😲

Me: It was you πŸ™„

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.