Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

I Can't Beleive This Actually Just Happened!

iljaaf21

Feb 22, 2010, 4:02 PM
I just had a kid, maybe early 20's, come in and tell me he's having some issues with his new touch screen phone. His first problem is that whenever he starts a call his phone tells him that the speaker is on. When he hits the button to turn it off, it turns on. The phone now says 'SPKR OFF.' Solution: your phone is telling you what that button does. NOT if the speaker is actually on or not.
His second problem? Whenever he's in the car and on the phone, whoever is on the other line tells him that there is too much background noise and that he should roll up his window. No matter where he's at, the other person can't hear him because his phone is picking up sounds around him...
Ummm... Dude, that's what your phone is supposed to do!
qualityrocker

Feb 23, 2010, 4:03 PM
I can believe it! I had a call yesterday, the man could not hear the person on the other line. Every time he made/received a call he could not hear the person on the other line! I went through the TS steps, come to find out he just needed to turn the volume up! 😳
OldPhone

Feb 23, 2010, 6:08 PM
Had this same exact thing probably 7 years ago, except it wasn't a touch screen (they didn't really exist) and it was an old guy. He would start a call, and press 'Mute'. I told him AT LEAST 10 times that the button was for "if you want to mute the call" and had him place a call and then tell him "don't hit MUTE" and watch him press "mute". If the finger moves again, I am cutting it off. Dial, press 'Send' and wait, then talk. Easy. He finally got it after 30 minutes.
ommsddgw

Apr 16, 2010, 2:06 PM
Had someone confused by that before, but I think they were in their 70s. Maybe this guy bought a little more phone than he can handle.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.