Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Holiday Hours

RavenSkyhawk

Dec 23, 2009, 7:35 PM
I just found out my dept is staying open tomorrow 😢 , anyone else out there feeling that pain? I've worked holidays before. I just love getting yelled at for calling on a holiday. Any suggestions on an opening line? I've tried this before:
"This is (agent name) calling from (company name) reguarding your holiday request, are you able to talk right now or are you too busy kicking puppies?
No one notices the kicking puppies part because they are too busy screaming at me for waking them up 😢 .
stinson5043

Dec 23, 2009, 8:05 PM
that sucks. i am at a retail location and we are open tomorrow and i expect a grand total of zero customers tomorrow. it's going to be GREAT!!!!
Keith-IA

Dec 23, 2009, 8:28 PM
stinson5043 said:
that sucks. i am at a retail location and we are open tomorrow and i expect a grand total of zero customers tomorrow. it's going to be GREAT!!!!

I'm supposed to open tomorrow - and right now, the State Highway Patrol is advising no travel. And if you go off the road, tow trucks are not allowed to come pull you out because of the conditions. And there's 8 miles of rural road between me & the store. They did close the store for the blizzard earlier this month... we'll see what happens tomorrow.
kiki_kaluah

Dec 24, 2009, 10:47 AM
heres hopin. 😁
Keith-IA

Dec 24, 2009, 8:24 PM
kiki_kaluah said:
heres hopin. 😁

Worst of the storm should be over by the time I have to be in on Saturday. 🤣
khrispii

Dec 23, 2009, 8:28 PM
I've worked the holidays for the last 3 years. Christmas eve isnt so bad because most people are traveling or out buying stuff. Christmas we are busy because everyone wants to activate the new Iphones they just opened.
SMR1990

Dec 24, 2009, 10:54 AM
Im retail which sucks today but I would hate to have to call people. I can only imagine the anger radiating out at you, as though you really want to be there calling them on Xmas eve. lol.

Yesterday we were swamped. Dont know what today will be like but Im hoping my FedEx shipment shows up SOON, I have people waiting for presents from that shipment. I dont even want to think of the yelling that will occurr if it doesnt get here on time.
SprintCC

Dec 24, 2009, 7:48 PM
I hope all of your phones arrived. If not people like me will take the brunt of it tomorrow.

Sitting here for 10 hours tomorrow is going to be a killer. I expect there to be maybe 2 calls an hour, and they're going to all be in a bad mood.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.