Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Not all customers are bad

coganc

Mar 29, 2005, 3:35 PM
I posted in the lounge earlier about a customer yelling at me first thing this morning. It was supposed to be here but I messed up and clicked the wrong forum.

Anyway, the customer just came and apologized to me for his behavior and asked what he needed to do to get his phone fixed. I have been selling phones for almost five years and that is the first time a customer has apologized and admitted he was wrong. I was very impressed.
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 29, 2005, 3:55 PM
That's pretty cool, I had a customer throw a bundle of collateral at me last month, because he bought his phone somewhere else and I told him that I couldn't replace it with a new one!
However, I'm downtown and in the inner-city, so it is actually expected that they will do worse, people hate it when you tell them something they don't want to hear!!!
Disgruntled Rep

Apr 1, 2005, 1:46 PM
Yeah, they really don't. Usually that's when you get the "I don't like your attitude!" comment. But we all know, in most cases, it's not the attitude that they don't like - just that fact that they are being told no.
It's true that not all customers are bad - it's just really rare that we get to talk to the good ones. Mainly b/c they aren't calling - they know how to use the phone, know how to read the bill, etc .... they also realise that when they do have an issue to call in a/, yelling at the person you're seeking help from would be counter-productive. I wish that the rest of the cust would realise that. somedays I would love to tape a cust who's taking the immature strance of yelling at a rep, play the tape back for them - see if they w...
(continues)
bk77

Apr 1, 2005, 2:11 PM
I have a had customers bring me flowers, and ballons, and cards for their apology. It is always nice. Now that I work in a kiosk, people are a lot nicer to me now that I am here. But I have had my fair share in four years.
Vox Dei

Apr 3, 2005, 10:12 AM
Some talk show did a thing on how to get what you want from a customer service agent. And they were pretty bang on. They said to call in and be firm but don't yell and make sure you ask for something reasonable. And you know if someone called in and said they were having alot of problems and thing they should be comped for their warranty charge or something and they were fairly good custs and paid their bill on time i would probably give it to them without too much hassle. But if they called in yelling and screaming about the warranty charge i would explain it's a manufacuters warranty and it costs us a lot of money to do the exchange for them and still charge them. Everyone gives more to the customers who are nice but tell you exacly w...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.