Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

quitamancha22

Dec 16, 2009, 12:48 PM
store reps, when you guys have someone return a device for a different one with in the 30 days of activation, what is the process of restocking the returned device?
simmeon

Dec 16, 2009, 12:53 PM
is this a quiz?
quitamancha22

Dec 16, 2009, 12:59 PM
no, i dont know what the process is, i work at a call center... i just want to know why the charge a 36.00 restocking fee
Hombre07

Dec 16, 2009, 1:02 PM
If the phone is damaged we lose money. If there's something missing we have to replace it. And we really can't sell it as new anymore.
quitamancha22

Dec 16, 2009, 1:11 PM
i see, that answers my question, thanks!
Keith-IA

Dec 17, 2009, 11:28 AM
quitamancha22 said:
i see, that answers my question, thanks!

A better answer is handsets returned under a 30 day satisfaction guarantee get boxed up and sent off to have any missing items replaced, and the devices get tested for defects - if none are found, those phones become refurbs to use in warranty and other situations; defective units get returned to manufacturers who will refrub and resell as refurbs.
sistercell

Dec 17, 2009, 11:43 AM
we dont take 'em back with any defects or missing parts. Has to be 'like new' but we also dont charge a restocking fee and just sell as used usually with a warranty
wizardofCroz

Dec 17, 2009, 3:15 PM
🤨 I've never heard of a cell company refusing to return a device within the given period if the phone is defective. I hate customers as much as anyone, but if they pay for a new phone, they should get a new phone, if not the first time, definitely the second. So what are they supposed to do? Wait until after 30 days so warranty can send them a refurb?
sistercell

Dec 17, 2009, 3:23 PM
i'm talking about a swap for a different phone if its defective thats different, but even still it cant be all scratched up and abused
wizardofCroz

Dec 17, 2009, 3:29 PM
we dont take 'em back with any defects or missing parts.

Sorry for the confusion?
Hombre07

Dec 16, 2009, 12:58 PM
Varies per location, COR is gonna be different from agents.

Really depends on the phone. If it's in new condition with no problems with the box or label or accessories we may let it go no fee. If there is a single scratch or damage to anything or missing anything there's a fee. $36 is standard.
quitamancha22

Dec 16, 2009, 1:01 PM
i see, thanks!
Ask The Shack

Dec 17, 2009, 9:55 AM
When I worked at RadioShack, our policy was that if a customer returned the phone, we would send it off to the service center for referbishment, and it would be sent back to us as a "white box" phone. The price was reduced, and it didn't come back with anything besides the phone, and a battery, but some people just wanted to save money.

If we did this for every phone, the company would loose a LOT of money (postage to/from the service facility, paying a tech to referbish it, loosing money on the discounted price, and the cost for the white box itself). We usually never did this, and just put it back in our invantory, but that's waht SHOULD have happend.

As far as the phone being scratched and returned, we'd never accept a damaged phone...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Dec 17, 2009, 3:21 PM
If you purchase a phone and decide you don't like it, even if all the contents are in there, even if you've never taken it out of the box, you are charged a 35 dollar restock fee. And the phone cannot have any physical or liquid damage. I cannot sell that phone once it's been put through my system.

I had a lady pay for a phone, come back 5 minutes later and want to exchange it for something else, SORRRRRYYYYY. You pay 35 dolla. Now if the phone is defective, we aren't going to charge them anything, but it has to be an even swap, same phone, same color. If they want something different, they pay 35 dolla

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.