Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 27 replies

Store reps, how do you all work in the stores without

love2transfercustomers

Dec 10, 2009, 2:01 PM
reaching over the counter, and back-handing rude customers?
wizardofCroz

Dec 10, 2009, 2:07 PM
I become the biggest smart @$$ i can be
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 2:11 PM
I think store reps should first start at a call center to even be qualified to work at a store.
wizardofCroz

Dec 10, 2009, 2:14 PM
๐Ÿคจ ok, I'll entertain you, please explain
payurbill

Dec 10, 2009, 2:14 PM
yea that would be great idea for indirect dealers then the reps would be trained correctly then for once
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 2:22 PM
Call centers train longer than store reps. Call centers add and remove price plans more than store reps which means they are able to inform customers about prorated charges, partial charges more than a store rep would. Store reps only want the sale.
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 2:23 PM
Please advise if a futher explanation is required
payurbill

Dec 10, 2009, 2:41 PM
u R totally correct and its paid training ๐Ÿ˜
edzero

Dec 11, 2009, 5:53 PM
Call Centers may know more about the plans and prorated charges and all that stuff, but ask them a question about a specific phone and they need to look everything up online. Store reps know the actual devices a lot better than call centers. I call it a draw.
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 10, 2009, 3:25 PM
First off, I work for an indirect at&t store. How come every time I call in to you guys for a customer, you NEVER know what your talking about. Never.

OK well obviously I'm exaggerating, but there are still a lot of morons working in CS.
wizardofCroz

Dec 10, 2009, 3:40 PM
Here's how my last conversation with a CS rep went......

CS: Ok now account active. I place test call to phone make sure working ok. ok? ok?

M: yeah go ahead

CS: test call go through?

M: No but the account is showing it's active now.

CS: Ok i try again

M ๐Ÿ™„

CS: It go through?

M: what number are you calling?

CS: xxx-xxx-5555

M: Why are you calling their home phone?

CS: oh so sorry...

M: I'll just call from my store location, yep its ringing.

CS: ok good, they recieve survey you tell them to give me good rating ok?

M: yeah...right
payurbill

Dec 10, 2009, 3:47 PM
lol wow i agree every department CS, retail or indirect has ppl that shouldnt be doing this job , i would say most ppl on phone scoop know what they doing besides iboss guy. but i gotta say i have most mess up from indirect and i think its do to lack of training. or in iboss case its do to him trying to just make sell and setting ppl up on feats they dont need or selling a phone to someone that is way to smart for them . there is no need to sell a old person a blackberry when they dont even know what the internet is
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 4:52 PM
Training Training Training...knowledge is key to customer service. Its sad that companies wont pay out enough for longer training periods however when a company has bad customer service they blame the employees.
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 4:18 PM
I admit there are retards in CS as well however we have better resources to locate the issue.
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 10, 2009, 6:30 PM
Where I work though, CS is the only group that can resolve certain issues aside from sending them to a corporate store, which will ultimately end with those b*stards selling them an iPhone.
Cellinovation

Dec 12, 2009, 5:39 PM
Don't kid yourself. There are plenty of retail reps, and call center reps that don't a thing.

I am indirect, have been for nearly 7 years. I know more about the cellular industry, handsets, and policies than most people do in a life-time. But then again, thats just how I roll. So to say that an indirect rep would be trained for once is an unfair shot across the bow of people that actually have a clue.
love2transfercustomers

Dec 10, 2009, 2:59 PM
**slap** ๐Ÿคฃ
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 3:07 PM
How is that a slap? Store reps are retarded period
wizardofCroz

Dec 10, 2009, 3:33 PM
Apparently you've had some bad experiences with store reps. Or you just think your job is more important than mine. Either way, your perception of store reps is pretty skewed for some reason.

If you think that all we want to do is sell, you are correct. We make zero commission transferring numbers, changing out "free one time courtesy" sim cards, setting up email accounts, talking to the "just lookings" or "i'm not buyings", but it still comes with the job.

How many people call your center and when you say, how can I assist you, they say "Oh, I'm ok, I just wanted to talk." ??

Why do you think all store reps are "retarded"? Because we don't go through as long of a training process? I can tell you, the successful salespeople have so...
(continues)
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 4:17 PM
Reps from stores think that we as call center agents have the answer for everything. Sorry to say but store reps are very under trained. I'm tired of reps calling me and asking for credit because theyve already promised the customer a credit or because they dont understand the difference between a rate plan and a feature. You and I say this lightly only you may be experienced at your job however most reps and i put emphasis on most are ultimately retarded. No I havent had bad experiences with store rep I have to handle escalated situations were a store rep removed a grandfather feature off of an account "by accident" so to say. Forget instinct knowledge is the basis of a sale. We dont recieve calls where customers want to talk however we rec...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Dec 10, 2009, 4:31 PM
Now you're going from "all reps" to "most reps", and even that is exaggeration. Most reps do not call CS for things of that nature. I can definitely understand where you're coming from because if most store reps that you talk to are "retarded", that makes it seem as though we all are.

I will admit, I've worked with (and still do work with) people who will tell a customer anything (and I mean anything) just to make a sale. They do not think about the recoil that will occur a few weeks down the road when that data plan shows up, or the activation fee isn't credited, and for that I wish there was extensive training to get them to stop, but there isn't.

If you read some of my previous posts in other threads, I have the highest amount of ...
(continues)
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 4:48 PM
Ive experienced where the issue occurs however the reps manager inputs information onto the computer and the "glich" is fixed. Trial and error is far fetched at most for stores.

I understand where trail and error can occur however for CS we experience the same issue on a day to day basis and we become knowledge-able on how to get that issue resolved. Of course we have different systems in a CS than at a store to better solve the issue however I'm merely stating that store reps need to understand everything they are stating to that customer and how the customer will interperet the statement recieved.

If store reps had to work at least 6 months in the call center enviroment to experience most issues and neccessary problem solving the cu...
(continues)
ecycled

Dec 10, 2009, 4:57 PM
I'm indirect att and I would say I'm pretty educated because I do this for fun in my sparetime also so I stay up to speed on the latest and greatest.

Viperguy, please don't label all store reps as retarded. What I can say on subject is 2 parts: 1) smaller stores don't do everything everyday (unlike my busier store or over the phone) so some of the more obscure rules may have been taught but they forgot, or it got modified since they were taught, or they haven't done it in years; 2) unless you were around for Grandfathered soc codes, equip etc., you may not be up to speed on all tech thats happened before. You know as well as I do if someone walked in the door right now the 10 yrs+ of previous information are not taught at all. This makes ...
(continues)
love2transfercustomers

Dec 10, 2009, 5:25 PM
ecycled said:
I do this for fun in my sparetime ๐Ÿ˜

you work for fun? ๐Ÿ˜•
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 5:30 PM
work for fun? ๐Ÿ˜•
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 5:35 PM
Let me go ahead and rephrase my statement about store reps. The store reps that ive spoken to are retarded. No sarcasm applied.
love2transfercustomers

Dec 10, 2009, 5:28 PM
joke. lighten up. **slap**

Not all store reps are "retarded"
wizardofCroz

Dec 10, 2009, 5:35 PM
SLLLAAAP!! CHARLIE MURPHY!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.