Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Someone please Explain... WHY?!?!?

RavenSkyhawk

Dec 9, 2009, 7:46 PM
Customer calls in responding to a Voicemail from research being completed by my dept.

Custy: I'm disputing these international text messaging charges to Korea ๐Ÿ‘ฟ .
Me: Sure let me look at these text messages and see why your being charged this....
Is there a specific reason your dialing 82 before text messaging ๐Ÿคจ ?
Custy: Yeah so people can see my caller id when I call them. I have all my contacts saved with *82 at the beginning ๐Ÿ‘ฟ !
Me: You realize that 82 is the country code for korea? ๐Ÿคจ
Custy: No โ˜น๏ธ
Me: It is, charges are valid ๐Ÿ˜ˆ !
Mafdet

Dec 9, 2009, 7:58 PM
๐Ÿคฃ JAJAJA ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Good for you! No credit to stupid people!!
mrpmpfan

Dec 10, 2009, 7:33 AM
Well this call should have went a bit further. Was this customer's friends and family recieving the text they thought they were sending them? Also look into past credits and notes. If they have never recieved a credit for this type of situation you can give them a one time credit for these, unless it was a ton.
RavenSkyhawk

Dec 10, 2009, 10:19 AM
mrpmpfan said:
Well this call should have went a bit further. Was this customer's friends and family recieving the text they thought they were sending them? Also look into past credits and notes. If they have never recieved a credit for this type of situation you can give them a one time credit for these, unless it was a ton.

I didn't provide information that was irrelevant to the immediate conversation, but yes they had recieved considerable credit in the past 6 months ๐Ÿ™„ (nearly to the point they've had free service for the past couple of months ๐Ÿคจ ) and no the intended reciepts were not recieving the message, though the person is korea was wondering what was going on ๐Ÿคฃ .
Ask The Shack

Dec 10, 2009, 10:35 AM
Just for future refference, do dial internationally, you need a +. not a *.
RavenSkyhawk

Dec 10, 2009, 10:42 AM
The * was dropped from the calls, the + was not required due to the service they were recieving, they had the reduced cost international long distance plan, but the texts still read the destination as international.
IBoss1977

Dec 10, 2009, 9:54 AM
How freakin rude.... i would complain on u....
RavenSkyhawk

Dec 10, 2009, 10:17 AM
Yes I'm the rude one for holding a customer responsible for their actions on their phone. No one ever told them to use *82 at the begining of a call to send your caller id, certainly no one told them to do it infront of a text message. Yes I'm the a$$h()le for telling them they have to eat the $57.60 worth of text messages at $0.20 per message.
IBoss1977

Dec 10, 2009, 10:24 AM
they didnt know.... Put yourself in thier shoes... STOP BEING A ****ADOODLEDOO... cuz what goes around comes around...
IBoss1977

Dec 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
YOUR IN THE BUISNESS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE... IF YOU CANT TAKE IT... FIND ANOTHER JOB...
RavenSkyhawk

Dec 10, 2009, 10:32 AM
I think you failed to understand I'm not in customer service, I'm in billing research. If there was an error on the account, I would fix it and credit all charges associated, but this was not a system error, this was not a problem that my company created, this is a problem the customer created and the customer is liable for all actions that take place on the customer's account. Call customer service if you want someone to hold your hand and wipe your A$$. Want someone to fix the account and take off those text messaging charges because the tower sent it to your phone 19 times, I can help you.
freephones4all

Dec 13, 2009, 1:22 AM
I think everyone should stop responding to IBoss1977. He is a d.a. who has not a clue.
Tiger_Lilly03

Dec 10, 2009, 12:13 PM
credited them back either, especially if they had received credits within the last 6 months to get a couple months free. That's their own stupidity. Charges are sustained!
sistercell

Dec 10, 2009, 12:40 PM
It is not our job to think for the customers. He made the decision to put that before the number so, grow up and think before you do things, or gasp ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ask somebody how to block your number
Researcher

Dec 12, 2009, 1:51 PM
Charges are valid. Sometime part of customer service is telling them NO! We all provide service to the customer, but if they are wrong they are wrong!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.