Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Training SUCKS!!!

Frost144

Oct 22, 2009, 7:08 AM
So i just started working as a CSR this week and we have to be up at 6am every morning until 2:30. Now normally i wouldn't have a problem with getting up that early, but with some of the things we go over, i just wanna slam my head into the wall. I don't understand why you need to be taught how to be nice and considerate towards customers. Shouldn't it just come naturally? On top of that, i have to deal with this for five weeks. I guess i can't complain too much as i am now finally making money. Anyone have any suggestions as to what i could do to end this insomnia i have so i can function in the morning?
babyvaz

Oct 22, 2009, 7:17 AM
Pick one person in your class that you don't care for. Annoy them but low key so no one really knows what you're doing.
I picked two but I knew one of them so that was easy
Hombre07

Oct 22, 2009, 9:50 AM
As soon as you get customers on the phone you'll realize that your natural kindness just went out the window and you'll be struggling to not blow up on them. I recommend paying attention.
ecycled

Oct 22, 2009, 10:36 AM
Print this post and re-visit in 6 months, 1 yr, 2 yr and 3 yr.

It will blow your mind how different you are, total loss in faith in humanity, and the ability to tune ppl out to no end.
Frost144

Oct 22, 2009, 11:56 AM
That bad huh? The main problem i am having right now is trying to stay awake. I mean coffee doesn't even help anymore. How long did it take you guys to get used to it?
ecycled

Oct 22, 2009, 1:30 PM
Used to what? Customers? About a year ago. So it took me 2 years but year 3 I started getting bitter. I'm on commission in a store so if I don't work, I don't get paid. So when I hate life I just chill out and not work too hard.

I always liked training, because you meet new people. I like making friends.
Coil

Oct 26, 2009, 10:44 AM
Somehow the less you care the more you sell. Cause then a customer notices that and they are like "oh this guy doesn't give a **** he probably isn't out to hustle me". But we are. We are.
mrpmpfan

Oct 24, 2009, 5:51 AM
I had worked previous call center jobs so it came naturally to me. In fact this was the easiest call center job I had worked.

You will get people blamming you directly, cursing at you, and just being a plain jerk but don't let it get to you, that is what fellow employees are for so you can take a break and laugh about your dumb customers.
Coil

Oct 26, 2009, 10:41 AM
I recommend getting expresso shots in your "coffee". Get a foamy latte to add flavor.
oprahbigNUTZ

Oct 22, 2009, 4:50 PM
At least you found PS. It took me two years to find this.
wizardofCroz

Oct 22, 2009, 6:06 PM
I was thinking...

We go through all of this training on helping customers, proper etiquite, and selling devices, BUT what if there was a way customers had to sit through a training class where we teach them how to act in a store?

Lesson 1: If you buy your phone some place other than my store, do not expect service. You are obviously a penny pincher and with your free Blackberry from Wirefly comes certain consequences, such as, lack of customer service. I work on commission and couldn't care less if you want to cancel your service because I won't help you. If you would like to purchase something from me, by all means, here's my phone number and you can contact me with any questions.

Lesson 2: I didn't break your phone. Nor did I talk...
(continues)
ollywolf

Oct 23, 2009, 8:15 AM
I really wish we could do that to the customer send them to a training class that would be so nice.
famoussasjohn

Oct 24, 2009, 11:14 AM
ollywolf said:
I really wish we could do that to the customer send them to a training class that would be so nice.

too bad they wouldnt learn a thing because 99% are retarded. ☹️ we still lose.
famoussasjohn

Oct 24, 2009, 11:14 AM
99% of customers*
Coil

Oct 26, 2009, 10:40 AM
famoussasjohn said:

too bad they wouldnt learn a thing because 99% are retarded. ☹️ we still lose.

They're not retarded because they don't know every useless facet of the wireless industry from a non corporate perspective. I'm sure there's a lot of fields with services/products that you know nothing about but require for creature comforts.
Coil

Oct 26, 2009, 10:38 AM
wizardofCroz said:
Lesson 1: If you buy your phone some place other than my store, do not expect service. You are obviously a penny pincher and with your free Blackberry from Wirefly comes certain consequences, such as, lack of customer service. I work on commission and couldn't care less if you want to cancel your service because I won't help you. If you would like to purchase something from me, by all means, here's my phone number and you can contact me with any questions.

Also that applies to when they buy from any other store besides yours, not just online, even if it's the same company and that place always has fantastic deals (walmart).

"Oh so you ended up getting those phones after all? Wow we sp...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.