Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

overage relief

brandtz

Oct 5, 2009, 11:58 PM
Reps from other carriers, do you offer overage relief bonus minutes to your customers?

Here at sprint, if you call in, you can actually get buckets of 100 minutes for $5 for your current cycle, it's not a reoccuring charge, just an oh **** package.

You can add up to 500 minutes in any month.

Does AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon etc have similar features to help with pending overages/charges?

I know we don't proactively advertise this and thought perhaps it would be similar, offered but not advertised
mrpmpfan

Oct 6, 2009, 5:45 AM
We, at AT&T, can increase their plan and back date so they are covered under their higher minute plan. Also we credit overages like crazy. I like to actually review a customer's account because an oh s*it moment could be their natural increased usage they might be on a wrong plan.
aidan11

Oct 6, 2009, 11:42 AM
here at tmobile we have the ability to add minutes without charging, but I use digression. if someone calls in making up outlandish stories, or is a real d bag then they're not getting anything from me. if they're cool then they can snag some free minutes. i usually evaluate their rate plan though to determine if they need to move up, and if they do then i set it up for their next cycle. most people are understanding and know they need more minutes.
longsleeves

Oct 6, 2009, 12:12 PM
We can add in goodwill mins for no charge to cover overage during cycle but I usually try to get them to change their plan so I can backdate it for the cycle.
ACSer4Sprint

Oct 11, 2009, 3:46 PM
who you work for?
longsleeves

Oct 12, 2009, 10:14 AM
at&t
20momof3

Oct 6, 2009, 11:14 PM
In my experience, (I work sales support for t-mo) we don't offer any type of "oh ****" minutes, however, depending on circumstances it's possible to work with Customer Care to get some bonus minutes for a customer. Other than that, they have the option to up their rate plan and have it back dated or future dated. If the customer consistently goes over their minutes, it's not likely that they'll be able to get bonus minutes as a "one time courtesy" but if they're hardly close to their limit, it's easier.
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 12:55 PM
I know that Verizon in the past has given me 100 minutes for free so that way I don't go over...
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 12:55 PM
And Obama gave me a free one thing and so did Oprah
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 12:56 PM
Did Obama make yet another promise to you?
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 1:14 PM
yes
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 1:16 PM
promises promises promises...he just doesn't know what to do with himself.
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 1:15 PM
was great for the japanese car economy... I wonder why?.... because they make better cars?... because they get better gas?... because they are not owned by Obama CEO of GM?... GM should have just gone under.
Mafdet

Oct 7, 2009, 1:36 PM
i thought sprint didn't have the bucket thingy anymore. when did it come back?
because when i used to work for sprint they had removed the add the min. thing
ACSer4Sprint

Oct 11, 2009, 3:49 PM
we use to just have bonus minutes, no cost.. all different codes... but now they are 5.00 per 100 up 500 for 25.00... its been around for quite a while now and we are also now resricted from adding free bonus minutes except in retention i think they still have it.
ACSer4Sprint

Oct 11, 2009, 3:51 PM
I am extremely curious about this as well... while i work for sprint i have vzw and i went over a while back and they gave me 500 bonus for a 1yr contract... bonus minutes to be used over the period of a year, either you use them in a year or they expire.. but it would be fantastic if they had something tht would not extend my contract that i could just buy for less than the overage rate or something.
Sayra6386

Oct 11, 2009, 4:01 PM
I do Sales for Verizon and we can backdate your plan to the beginning of the month to cover you but I know that Customer Service can do a "Bonus Minutes" type thing if you call in.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.