Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

I can't believe this just happened

dnbstyle29

Sep 27, 2009, 12:22 PM
A customer just came in to return/exchange a phone he bought... one year and 3 weeks ago.

According to the receipt, it was for a new line of service, activated on 9/3/2008.

it was a Motorola W490 - Black & orange for T-Mobile. He wanted to return it for the same phone- different color.

That's all well and good, but.. he's been getting billed for this phone line for a year now, and he never even cracked the box open?! What the #$%&??! 😕 😕 😕

I told him since we are an indirect dealer, we can't do anything here, he would have to go to a corporate T-Mobile store and there he can do a partial upgrade for a new phone, but little did he know he would have to pay out the nose for a new phone on a partial upgrade.

If he di...
(continues)
ollywolf

Sep 28, 2009, 8:31 AM
What an idiot.
ecycled

Sep 28, 2009, 12:17 PM
par for the course
jeffatt

Sep 28, 2009, 2:24 PM
I had a lady try to pull something similar. She had a bluetooth headset that stopped working and she was (lucky for her) just a couple weeks still under warranty so we had to swap her out.

She comes back 2 weeks later and points out the 15 day return or exchange policy wanting to return it.

Come on people!
20momof3

Sep 28, 2009, 5:44 PM
That's pretty crazy. I don't work in a retail store, but I've experienced similar situations where a customer calls in to return something that they purchased online or with sales several months prior.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.