Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

If you live in america....

tmochicka24

Sep 15, 2009, 9:34 AM
why don't you speak english??? I just don't understand!!!!!!!! its effing ANNOOOOYING!!! 👿
ollywolf

Sep 15, 2009, 9:46 AM
What is really sad is the people that were born and raised here in America that can't speak english.
tmochicka24

Sep 15, 2009, 9:48 AM
I knooooow! Then they speak so damn low and you can't hear them on top of not being able to understand them...wtf dude, I don't get it.
ollywolf

Sep 15, 2009, 10:24 AM
I know and it kills me. People who come from other countries some time speak better English than Americans which is totally sad.
Mexicubana_qmix

Sep 16, 2009, 8:56 AM
Well, that is impossible, I have not met one person who cannot speak the english here in america born and raised... I have met effing reffs who has been here in american for about like 20 years, and does not understand "good day"!!!
HalJordan2488

Sep 15, 2009, 12:46 PM
It's like Mike Judge's "Idiocracy" coming back to life, since people really have started talking in a mix of valley girl, inner street talk, and redneck.
ecycled

Sep 16, 2009, 9:51 AM
i know exactly what you mean. Now scan your I.d. and pay here.

On web soup they had a lady at Santa Cruz city hall expressing how to fix USA problems. G4 web soup said "Its great when you sum up how to solve all our problems, while simultaneously being the embodiement of those problems". She was one of those low talkers, mixed up words, mispoke a number of things. It was hard to watch but funny 🙂

I would like to say we as salespeople are in the top 5% of communicators so we naturally look down on the other 95% because they can't keep up. I feel bad but whatcha gonna do, we are not all equal. This isn't a communist state and thats why those of us who are smarter should help those who can't comprehend (I'm off my soapbox now), or make ...
(continues)
ac4321

Sep 16, 2009, 7:52 PM
Why don't you speak Cherokee/Apache/Algonquin/Inuit/etc?
😈
mgamn

Sep 16, 2009, 8:44 PM
the company's are at fault here.

if i were a hacker, i would reconfigure all 'press 2 for spanish' options to ring thru to ICE

yikes!
Mafdet

Sep 16, 2009, 8:51 PM
another buffoon in the world who does not know that their ancestors were once immigrants too who possibly came illegally... 😢
mgamn

Sep 16, 2009, 9:15 PM
once upon a time all immigration was legal, then quotas were set (rightly or wrongly) for specific countries, and even skill sets

people who immigrated then were fully integrated by 3rd generation at worst, 1st generation little or very poor english, 2nd gen good english, possibly with some accent, some knowledge of original language, 3rd generation american english 100%

the difference now is there is no need or expectation of learning english and greedy companies exploit immigrants in their own languages because they feel more comfortable with people like themselves supposedly

btw bilingual person, former teacher of immigrants, what best serves any person living in a foreign culture for whatever reason is to do their utmost to fit ...
(continues)
wowwataday

Sep 20, 2009, 9:37 AM
guess what? 👀 learn spanish cause you living in america 😛
erc

Sep 20, 2009, 2:01 PM
Because English is not America's official language, in fact because of our melting pot culture, we do not have an official language.
fire4fred

Sep 20, 2009, 2:06 PM
everyone knows that, but you have to draw a line... it seems to obviously stupid and pointless to offer driver licence tests in any other language besides english?? are they changing the yield signs too?? 👿
longsleeves

Sep 20, 2009, 2:06 PM
Hey I always speak english unless I come across someone who doesn't understand it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.