Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

PLEASE>.....

smile

Sep 14, 2009, 5:33 PM
If you work for AT&T DSL billing (i know its a slim to none chance that you would be on PS...)....PICK UP THE DANG PHONE! I have been on hold for a hour and fifteen minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👿
ecycled

Sep 14, 2009, 6:21 PM
wish I could help but wireless and wireline are super seperated, might as well be 2 different companies. Whats the problem though, maybe I know something useful?
ATnT Nokia

Sep 14, 2009, 8:47 PM
ecycled said:
wish I could help but wireless and wireline are super seperated, might as well be 2 different companies. Whats the problem though, maybe I know something useful?

They once were, that's the problem. (SBC, BellSouth, AT&T Corp., Cingular Wireless, and AT&T Wireless.)

Even though everything is under one brand, the actual operations are kept separate.
ZadenWillowfyre

Sep 15, 2009, 10:58 AM
It's crazy actually! They say they are so separated (and they really are) and yet we have to say things like "wireless service with AT&T" instead of "AT&T Wireless" because that denotes a separate entity from AT&T residential...which they are very much separate...it boggles the mind!
MrGoofball

Sep 15, 2009, 11:15 AM
No You can't say ATT Wireless because ATT wireless was a seperate company that is now defunct.
ZadenWillowfyre

Sep 15, 2009, 11:21 AM
It's so very strange. I don't even try to keep up with this stuff. I just do what I'm told lmao.
ccareatatt

Sep 16, 2009, 10:52 AM
AT&T mobility. 🙂 They want us to push combined services but we have to transfer the customer around to do that; and when you get ahold of landline they go "Oh this account is in Texas im in Idaho I have to transfer you. Then the next person says Oh this is California and transfer to Colorado.. thats when I go off I say I know you didnt transfer me but just access the account and do your job!! Mobility would NEVER get away with it... Residential per their union contract doesnt get the QA that wireless does!
ecycled

Sep 16, 2009, 12:46 PM
Our greeting here. Thanks for calling att my name is **, can I help you with TV, Internet or cell phone?

Knowing damn well if they have a question about existing internet or existing tv (especially customer service) that they have to call a 800 number of somekind. Why do we even bother to confuse and annoy our customers?!

You want us seperate great fine, then keep it seperate.
mrpmpfan

Sep 16, 2009, 5:45 AM
Sorry hold times are going to occur when you call any company at 5 pm at night, when everyone else is.
ecycled

Sep 16, 2009, 12:43 PM
good point
mgamn

Sep 16, 2009, 9:27 PM
i dont remember the names of the billing systems, but remember the 'blue' and 'orange' mobility customers on the wireless side?

the landline is technically one company, but the different regions, MW, SW, S, W, and SE
are still working with legacy billing systems and even different calling plans, etc

even though certain plans etc have the same price nationally, the way the customer gets the service corresponding to that offer differs very widely, and since landline is a shrinking business, there will never be the money to justify merging and unifying things completely the way they are on the wireless side

so, sucks to be a wireline rep or customer with a complex problem

but for dsl billing, if they have no other services, use 800...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.