Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

You put ME on hold?

ilovemyjob

Sep 3, 2009, 10:31 AM
You call ME, after I get done with my intro, you want me to wait for YOU? Call back when you can talk!! 😡
FrankOMCGee

Sep 3, 2009, 11:01 AM
put them on hold and then i dunno pick your teeth or something. burn a few minutes. 😈
Menno

Sep 3, 2009, 12:32 PM
How long were they waiting before they got through to you though?

I've called Customer support and waited on hold for over 15 minutes before I got through (typically when I call the warranty department). If I am in the middle of something when they finally pick up, I might ask for them to wait a minute before I talk to them.

I work in a busy store, I don't have the time to do nothing but wait to get a rep to talk to them about getting a phone exchanged. I'll get back on the phone as soon as possible, but sometimes the wait times are too long to wait for.
JaydenW

Sep 3, 2009, 5:59 PM
AMEN 👿
ccareatatt

Sep 6, 2009, 6:42 PM
At the same time there is another customer waiting in line to talk to the rep you just put on hold. Its a no win situation. LOL.
ihatemyjob123

Sep 3, 2009, 2:13 PM
omg....lol the same thing happened to me early this morning.
why dont they call when they are not busy! 👿
ecycled

Sep 3, 2009, 3:15 PM
I hate it when ppl call me and then put me on hold it is rude. However, there are certain times you have to. I was on the phone with wife and my drug company called so I had no choice. If I can tell it might be a while I will click over and say I will call back. So assume it will be a quick hold or hang up after 3 minutes.

Its phone etiquette.
johnnyslick

Sep 3, 2009, 5:22 PM
Really? You can't fathom that maybe, just maybe, your customer might be kind of busy too? This smacks of power tripping to the worst degree.
ilovemyjob

Sep 5, 2009, 6:41 PM
FYI, we were super available.. and if you are calling in somewhere, maybe you should have the time to talk instead of calling and telling me to hold on. We have strict call times here, so it does not help my handle time when u put me on hold. I watch the clock and once it hits 2 minutes, I'm hanging up.
merrilyx4

Sep 5, 2009, 6:51 PM
johnnyslick said: smacks

😁

Johnny wins adverb of the day!

Err.. Thursday.
mist668

Sep 6, 2009, 3:29 PM
🤣 🤣
doomtroll

Sep 5, 2009, 6:54 PM
You are joking right?

Its called phone etiquette, or if you don't know what that means, how about manners. The simple point it thats its rude, and if as a customer you do this to people you are trying to get help from, you just irritated the person and may not get the best help you could have.

Customers really need to understand this. I will do everything I can to help a customer who is polite and calm, or even if they are upset and not taking it out on me & being rude about it. But once your phone etiquette goes out the window, so does my list of tools I have to help you with.

So customers, be nice to the reps you call for help. You will be amazed at the quality of service you will get.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.