Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

For those who dont buy phones

AVANESS

Aug 31, 2009, 1:39 PM
Not every customer buys a phone. Some of them just get sold one.

For Example......Grandmas Blackberry

Gma: I been thinking about gettin a cell phone, my kids all have them and they say that i should get one.

Rep: It is definitly a good idea, especially since there are no domestic long distance charges. Plus you will be able to use it anywhere.

Gma: Ok, well what do you got?

Rep: If you have an email that you use to keep in touch, or use a calender you will need one of our blackberry's.

Gma: I dont need nothing fancy.

Rep: This is something your not going to want to short yourself on. Its going to make your life much more managable, and its very easy to learn.(cough)

Gma: Ok, I'll try it.

Rep: Great, here you go. (...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Sep 1, 2009, 2:33 AM
I have seen a couple of things happen when a misguided rep pushes a complex phone on a clueless person.

1.Her kids, family etc. come in three months later and bitch you out and complain since a rep pushed a phone to her she did not really need.

2.Her grand kids get ahold of the phone and run up a crazy high bill. Or they text and DL ring tones with out grandma knowing and now shes stuck with a crazy high bill.

3.Grandma ends up having a heart attack and cant call 911 since she does not know how to use the phone.

Grandma's and old people can and will be your most dedicated custys if you treat them right. If you treat them wrong they will NEVER come back to your store.
chapster

Sep 1, 2009, 11:21 AM
Haha, I think every sales person has been guilty of this at some point. especially if they're new to the sales game. After awhile you learn that getting cussed out but good ole granny's grand son and the chargebacks are not worth it. The best sales people are the ones that learn to walk the fine line.
Coil

Sep 1, 2009, 3:01 PM
Nadesico81 said:
Grandma's and old people can and will be your most dedicated custys if you treat them right. .
]

Most dedicated when their 22 months are up or they have plenty of senior citizen friends who need prepaids. Yay prepaids, life stories, and old people smell! Yay!
ollywolf

Sep 1, 2009, 8:12 AM
This is why I always go with my step dad to pick out a new phone when his is about to die.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.