Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

um.....I can still hear you....

love2transfercustomers

Aug 12, 2009, 8:01 PM
Have you ever gotten to the end of the call, said your closing, and instead of hitting the release button, you just hit mute? Or, when you tell the customer that you are gong to transfer them, and instead of hitting the hold button, you press mute, and the customer is still talking b4 you start dialing the #?...Well I have, and customers say and do all sorts of things when they think we can't hear them...

Customers have.....

burped in my ear,

called me a b**ch,

flushed the toliet,

admitted that they caused the overage, and that they lied to me about it,

laughed because they got away with it,

and so on...

sometimes I just want to get back on the line and tell them, "Hey! I can still hear you! So you did do it? Wel...
(continues)
Lanae

Aug 12, 2009, 9:33 PM
I wish! Sounds Like Fun...

Happened the other way around though, customer had me call into Care for them, Because they had just moved and had no reception at their new place. They wanted me to see if they would let them out of contract without having to pay the cancelation fee on their lines. While on hold, customers asked how much the cancelation fee was....So I told them...Customer Care Agent Came back on the line, and said...

CARE: "I heard what you told the customer, and we dont approve of that kind of conduct. I is gunna Reports You!!!"

ME: "Uh...Okay, they have no reception and they asked me a question...what would you have me say?"

Fun Stuff. I think it would be cooler from your side though. No offense to you Btw, That pe...
(continues)
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 13, 2009, 9:11 AM
my mute button is almost broken i use it so much
its not only useful for hearing what they dont want you to hear, but also saying things you dont want them to hear
"yes sir i would be happy to go over your overages again..."
MUTE
"for the fifth time, f*ck my life"
UNMUTE
"you have 450 anytime minutes included in your plan, and so far this billing cycle you have used 1,200..."
yeah
mute is the only reason i have my job
jeffatt

Aug 13, 2009, 2:17 PM
I'd be all over that mute button if I was on that end of the phone. Some people...I have a hard time keeping a straight face sometimes.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.