Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Angry Customers

Boredvzwrep

Aug 9, 2009, 2:17 PM
So a customer just came in complaining about his phone being a piece of sh^! saying this that and the other thing. He just got it in december so hes had it less than a year. He says hes rough on phones and beats them to hell and wants one of the construction grade ones.

He has a VU204. Not the greatest phone ever made but we sell a lot of them and they are pretty reliable across the board. So I take the back off to check the LDI and sure enough its red beyond believe and it looks like some kind of adhesieve gunk that looked like wet drywall that had hardned is stuck inside the phone from whatever kind of work he does.

I explain to him that LD voids the warranty so if he wants a replacement phone he will have to purchase it outright. T...
(continues)
GraGG

Aug 9, 2009, 2:58 PM
i dont run my pickup into a wall then get pissed at ford for not giving me a new one 🙄
SneakyRebelNinja

Aug 10, 2009, 4:51 PM
If I drove a Ford I'd probably drive it into a wall too
Verde321

Aug 9, 2009, 2:59 PM
You do not understand how the wireless industry works.

You are supposed to give customers any phone they want for free whenever they destroy the original subsidized equipment. They are valued customers who should be shown thanks by the company.

Anytime a customer signs a two year contract it is merely to recieve a discount of the phone. The customer is not actually to ever be held to that two year contract.

I am ashamed that you do not know how the industry is supposed to work.

((^ sarcasm))
jeffatt

Aug 10, 2009, 9:17 AM
While we're in the customer frame of mind.....

These companies only deploy 2-year contracts to keep us prisoner and enforce an ETF should we decide to switch carriers after our usage doubles and expect the bill to remain the same.

I am entitled to a free phone and/or buy 1 get 1 free at any time, regardless of contract status. Furthermore, I am also entitled a credit on my account for the rude salesperson who wouldn't give me said phones at said price.
Lanae

Aug 10, 2009, 9:02 PM
I got tipped a few times, but I use to work next to a Good Will, so you can imagine the kind of tips I recieved were actually usless junk that I would take back and Donate....Why did they think that I wanted a picture frame? Who knows...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.