Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

why do policies and fees even exsist if a cst can whine and get past them any ways!

xxbriibriixx

Jul 23, 2009, 8:41 PM
this is what we call a get together for our team, with manager involved to talk about changed policies and things we might have to improve on.

we were told that we should not "TELL THE CUSTOMERS" that a credit cannot be applied or cannot and will not ever be applied becuase the fact is that sooner or later this cst will receive the credit if he or she escalates that call as high as possible. isnt this rediculous! why make policies if some person can call in and be rude and irate about a charge and escalate the call and he will end up recieving the credit even tho it is valid charges.

just becuase corperate does not want to deal with it! why not remove all fees and policies! and this is not only for fee's like activatio...
(continues)
inboundSprintSlave

Jul 23, 2009, 9:01 PM
almost as bad as when EVERY agent ahead of you either lied or dont know their job so you have to eat the handle time and adjustments for their eff-ups
xxbriibriixx

Jul 23, 2009, 9:11 PM
i hate taking another reps hot call, just becuase they didnt do their job! i wish there is a way we can transfer those hot calls back to them. that would be awsome!
softshoe

Jul 23, 2009, 10:30 PM
Because you as a front line representative are not trusted to make decisions in the companies best interest and are not supposed to know the over all goals of the company are. People who escalate and yell and scream about things get what they want becuase people above you get paid too much to work half as hard as you and it is easier to just bend over and take it. Your job however is to make the pansies who take your no as the final answer to bend over and take it.
inboundSprintSlave

Jul 23, 2009, 10:44 PM
😁 hillarious. LQTM!!!!!
xxbriibriixx

Jul 23, 2009, 11:13 PM
haha that is definitly hilarious! and so true
Mafdet

Jul 23, 2009, 10:53 PM
to make u Happy I just denied credit - he has already received $50.00 in courtesy; guy wantd more;;; JAJAJAJA I DENIED - it felt so good - guy tried to sup me - - - DENIED SUP, told him it was still going to be no, which is true --- so CREDIT DENIED BUDDY!!! 😁 😈 🤣
xxbriibriixx

Jul 23, 2009, 11:13 PM
your my hero 🙂 haha thats awsome
Webb

Jul 24, 2009, 2:31 AM
I found it helpful, when I was a phone drone, to not take such things personally.

Granted, my decisions tended not to get over-ruled by managers, because I usually justified them based upon what made good business sense for that particular case, rather than in policy. And that's what they worked by at the higher levels because frankly, strict adherence to an utterly rigid set of guidelines is a retarded way to run a business.
SprintIndie08

Jul 24, 2009, 9:22 AM
When I was in a call center environment I did essentially the same thing after I worked there awhile and realized what was happening. I was much less stressed after I stopped making my decisions off of strict policy and started making them off business sense.

I watched so many people quit working at the call center because of the level of stress. We had a "quiet room" where you could go if you were having a bad day. This of course fux0red your aht if you did. They came looking for you if you were gone too long. lol

SI08
Webb

Jul 24, 2009, 11:08 AM
Heh. Yeah. I lasted five and a half years, which primarily feels like an achievement insofar as I didn't die. Which, it turns out, was probably not a trivial risk, as I was as sick as a dog in the later years. Lots of respiratory infections, a lot of antibiotics to shake them, and about four hits from a salbutamol inhaler to make it through the day. Funny how that stopped after I left.

But I had a tendency to laugh when people started venting in the meetings about how unreasonable our customers were and how hard it was to deal with them. And most of the time it wasn't. I watched a lot of reps CREATE their own problems by being pointlessly argumentative, or ignoring easily accessible resources, or just leaping to conclusions.

There were...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.