Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

ATTENTION CUSTIES WHO READ HERE...

getsome

Jul 22, 2009, 1:08 PM
here are a coupla things you should know when you walk into my store....

1: I speak English...Fluently. That's it.

2: There is a f'ing line, WAIT IN IT.

3: I can only talk to one person at a time, the person in front of me is who i'm engaged with at the moment. The other 6 people in front of you are next, in the order they are standing. YOU ARE THE 7TH PERSON.

4: I don't care about your personal life don't share with me a 54 minute long story on how you didn't get your phone wet, why you can't pay your bills, who stole your phone, how you're sick of your service......

5: If you see me jump back with ninja quick speed is because...(A) Your breathe smells like crap, (B) YOU smell like crap, (C) Your mate and or buddy smells like...
(continues)
shada123

Jul 22, 2009, 1:11 PM
amen to that
ATnT Nokia

Jul 22, 2009, 1:22 PM
I wait. I am nice. I am easy to please, and I love cell phones (a lot). If I lived in your area, I'd shop at your store so you know what a nice customer is like.
NEPats726420

Jul 22, 2009, 3:58 PM
come to CT
PhoneyName

Jul 28, 2009, 8:50 AM
On that note, a message for my nice customers. We all spend a lot of time complaining here, myself included, and some things don't get said often enough.

-Thank you for waiting patiently. I'm moving as fast as I can, and I'm grateful you realize that.

-Thank you for telling me not to touch your phone because you dropped it in the toilet.

-Thank you for telling me the customer in front of you was an a-hole and I didn't deserve that. You're right.

-Thank you for telling your child to get my demo phone out of his mouth.

-Thank you for appreciating all the free stuff I'm already giving you and not demanding more.

-Thank you for having your money and phone number ready when come in to pay your bill.

-Thank you for coming b...
(continues)
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 2:18 PM
Hell ya! Or another annoying thing is when your on the phone with customer care, and some random stupid person asks "wheres the food court at"?! I freakin ignore people like that.
HotPocket

Jul 25, 2009, 2:22 PM
I am adding number ten.

10.Do NOT give me the wet money you just fished out of your ass pocket! 👿
NEPats726420

Jul 25, 2009, 2:24 PM
or you pulled out of your bra
HotPocket

Jul 25, 2009, 2:27 PM
Woot. 😡
NEPats726420

Jul 25, 2009, 2:43 PM
what do you keep in your bra? besides your boobs 😉
kiki_kaluah

Jul 27, 2009, 7:17 PM
spare change. don't you? 🙂
Researcher

Jul 27, 2009, 12:42 PM
And do not expect me to help you with 30 minutes worth of work when you show up 30 sec. before I close.
captainplooky

Jul 27, 2009, 2:19 PM
Just a couple off the top of my head.

* I will charge you as much as I can and will often charge others for the same service less if I deem them worthy or possibly could lose the sale.

* Anything I say or represent to you does not matter. I can and do lie to you straight out and thanks to the contract you sign there is almost nothing you can do about it. Our carriers know this and turn a blind eye.
getsome

Jul 27, 2009, 2:29 PM
captainplooky said:
* Anything I say or represent to you does not matter. I can and do lie to you straight out and thanks to the contract you sign there is almost nothing you can do about it. Our carriers know this and turn a blind eye.

please explain this one a little more....doesn't sound really ethical on your part.
captainplooky

Jul 27, 2009, 2:41 PM
Most carriers have disclaimers in their contract they are not responsible for claims made by representatives.

It's essentially a green light for reps to lie to the face of the customers with no repercussions.

Verizon for example.

This agreement and the documents to which it refers form the entire agreement between us on their subjects. You can't rely on any other documents or statements on those subjects by any sales or service representatives, and you have no other rights with respect to service or this agreement, except as specifically provided by law.
bvan1119

Jul 27, 2009, 3:48 PM
You can't rely on any other documents or statements on those subjects by any sales or service representatives, and you have no other rights with respect to service or this agreement.... This makes me wanna stay w/FP!! 👀
captainplooky

Jul 27, 2009, 2:44 PM
getsome said:
....doesn't sound really ethical on your part.

It's not in my opinion. Yet the industry has institutionalized mechanisms for making it happen.
getsome

Jul 27, 2009, 3:25 PM
i understand that the Service Agreement has that clause but that does not give the reps full out permission to lie. that's why i asked for clarity. are you doing this? just flat out lying becuase you can?
MrGoofball

Jul 27, 2009, 3:53 PM
DONT FEED THE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plooky is not in the industry. Don't listen to anything plooky says when plooky comes into this board. Unless you want to learn where he get his awesome tin foil hat.
getsome

Jul 27, 2009, 5:11 PM
i did not know he was an outsider....
captainplooky

Jul 27, 2009, 8:29 PM
Yeah... people are never told one thing by reps and then lo and behold the exact opposite turns out to be true.

It's not like I could call almost any carrier and ask the same questions of several reps and get a multitude of answers - oh wait, I can.
Menno

Jul 28, 2009, 8:38 AM
Yeah, if a rep is intentionally giving false information and someone mentions it, there is a good chance they'll get fired.

That being said, I'd like someone to name any industry that is beyond reproach when it comes to honesty. People are dishonest, the industry does not make them that way.
PhoneyName

Jul 28, 2009, 8:57 AM
Exactly. The clause in the contract is simply to cover the carrier's butt so you can't come back and say "That rep told me I could have 5 free blackberries with no data for a total of $10 a month, so you have to honor that." It is not a green light for reps to lie, and ALL carriers look down on dishonesty in their sales force.
Hombre07

Jul 27, 2009, 9:39 PM
How true.

If it's a phone you show interest in, I either have or did have it and I loved it. And if I think you'll buy more I loved it but I switched to this one and loved it even more.
captainplooky

Jul 27, 2009, 10:53 PM
🤣 Thanks for your candor.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.