Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Wal-Mart

vzwcorpagent

Jul 19, 2009, 11:54 PM
This might be a duh answer, but i'm asking anyways. Why is Wal-Mart so much cheaper on phones?? They don't require the customer to add any more features or do anything different. I'm loosing sales left and right because their LG enV touch is $40 and mine is $150. I just don't get it.
Hombre07

Jul 20, 2009, 12:45 AM
Wal-Mart doesn't ask Verizon to sell their equipment. Much like everything else Wal-Mart does they say we will be 800,000 LG enV touches but we're not gonna pay $300 like any other agent, we're gonna pay $150. And Verizon knows they will move them. So they do it. The customer is bound to add a feature later and if not they will still make money on it.

I interned with a Wal-Mart purchaser. He thought it was all hilarious. We called Schwinn bicycles one day and said hey, we want a million of this certain bicycle, how much is it? They say x. And we say half x but we will be two million. And they do it because although they're not making as much on each one they are selling loads more of them.

Quantity sales rather than quality sales.

(continues)
vzwcorpagent

Jul 20, 2009, 12:52 AM
Exactly, it's just during these hard times, customers are always looking to save that buck and it's really hurting my business. $150 to $40 is a big difference and i'm beginning to notice it.
mist668

Jul 20, 2009, 5:49 PM
Back when I worked for radioshack we had the sprint online activation system(think it was called fast not sure anymore). Basically it was dumbass proof. We had training on how to operate the system, but it goes through and asks for one simple thing at a time.

Such as customer info such as address, credit check result, plan info, feature info, phone info, final. You had to fill in the specific boxes and the computer would do the fun stuff for you.
WorldSoCold

Jul 20, 2009, 1:38 PM
Walmarts phones don't have any warrenties and if something were to happen to it, the corporate stores won't do anything to help replace it unless there is insurance added to the line.

also, since corp companies wont honor walmart bought phones, that leads customers back to walmart where their employees say "well you can buy this phone for $500 retail"...when in reality, retail cost is only $330.

i hate walmart! but when i tell people that their phones aren't covered under any warrenties, that usually buys them into loving my store; because all our phones have warrenties, they are brand new, and don't have any pre-exisiting problems... with walmart i've found you don't have that security 🙂
vzwcorpagent

Jul 20, 2009, 4:18 PM
I'm not sure where you live, but that information is incorrect. I work in a corporate store and Wal-Mart phones are the same phone and box as the Verizon stuff and include the 1 year warranty. We are required to service and help those who buy from Wal-mart just as if they bought from us. There is no difference.
Butthead007

Jul 20, 2009, 5:58 PM
That is true.

However, the total service experience at walmart is not worth it. I worked part time in their connection center and they have some really dumb people selling phones in there. You get what you pay for.
AVANESS

Jul 20, 2009, 6:56 PM
Im really upset if that is not true. I never have a response for someone who knows about the wal mart pricing, except that they will get sub-par cust. service.

Not like they care though. When the phone is going to be $50 cheaper and they can come here if they need customer service.

I do hope someone that works at wal mart is on here. So they will know

WE F!@#IN HATE YOU!!!!!

YOU INCOMPETENT MOFO!
Butthead007

Jul 20, 2009, 7:06 PM
Hey, I worked in the photo lab part time and was asked to cross train for connection center. I quit all when I went to work for VZW. And I still get reps who are VZW reps that have no clue what they are talking about or doing....sigh. I worked in data tech support for a couple of years and I now work in marketing and sales.
sunshinegirl

Jul 21, 2009, 4:23 PM
Yes we hate you, dumb@ss Wal-mart employees, taking my commission then telling them to come see me so I can teach them to use their phone. No the f I won't. And I chage for phonebook transfers.
inboundSprintSlave

Jul 21, 2009, 9:42 PM
had the same problem selling TVs @ best buy and circuit city.

The difference was that the TVs at wally world are 2 to 3 years old and the cust is stoopid to this fact. They just want a "1080"

go buy a 1080p Sansui that looks like poop then and have fun getting it serviced when it craps on you.

YA DAMN ANUS
sprintguy19

Jul 22, 2009, 7:56 AM
Do you really believe that your customer service is worth $100 to $200 per phone? Face facts. We are in the business of ripping people off, overcharging for devices and plans. Some people have bad experiences with Wal-Mart. Some have bad experiences with corporate stores.
Cellinovation

Jul 22, 2009, 4:38 PM
ummm... I'm not sure what business your in, but I'm not into ripping people off, and I do not overcharge people. My experience, expertise, and the way I treat people are still worth their weight in gold, or people would already buy their phones out of a vending machine.
NEPats726420

Jul 22, 2009, 4:03 PM
it was the same when i worked at tmob as well

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.